Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

game plan

Old 04-17-2006, 04:58 PM

Default game plan

here is our game plan and if anyone has a better idea it is welcome.eight of us are planning a trip to colorado in the fall of 2007. we will either hunt in the rifle or silt area or pagosa springs area. one of our group has hunted pagosa springs before,we think we need to follow his lead since he is the only one with experience in the area.our plan is to arrive a day or so early,set up camp,spend a day or so on the mountain glassing and then persue our game if we spot any. we will probably be out in late september or early october. my thoughts are to hunt high in the morning working my way to maybe a water hole or meadow in evening.how are these areas for game (elk) (sorry for not mentioning that) for odds of seeing animals. none of us are after the next world record,we want an experince first and meat or horns last.like i said any help is greatly appreciated. and any help on hunting tennessee just ask i'll do my best to stir you straight. thanks,BIG GRUMPY.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:59 PM

Default RE: game plan

That time of the year the elk might still be a little vocal. On your day of scouting do some calling its a good way to locate animals if they answer. And as for the water holes i would probably hit the open parks and meadows in the evenings because if the areas much like the place i hunt here in MT and there are numerous creeks everywhere they can be kind of random on where they water. Good Luck.