Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your opening day game plan? >

Your opening day game plan?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your opening day game plan?

Old 09-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Your opening day game plan?

I will probably only be able to hunt the afternoon on the Saturday opener due to work. My game plan is to set-up on a ridge overlooking a big lake, trying to catch the deer as they slowly feed. Plus, there is something nostalgic about the sounds/feel of being close to big water when I hunt....

Any of you going for gold and invading a bedding area hoping to get lucky early?

Already have a buck patterned?

Just winging it?

And oh yeah....man I wish I had a house like this to live and hunt from one day.....just dreaming tonight

Old 09-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Your opening day game plan?

im hunting in an area weve had for years.... hoping to get my first deer this year! i put my trail camera over apples 2-3 months ago, and the place was loaded with deer. i stopped puting apples out there for a week and now most of them are gone! i start monday but i cant stay to long cuz i have to go into school that morning. im hoping to get the huge buck i got on my trail cam but will take anything that walks in front of me. im hunting firearms and bow here in Ct then trying out my new ny property for firearms

I CANT WAIT
Old 09-11-2008, 04:51 PM

Opening morning I'll probably be in a little creek bottom. There's a bedding area to my left and the bottom is a perfect funnel to and from a couple different food sources.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sitting in a funnel on the edge of the bedding area in the morning. I have to check the camera's to find the afternoon spot.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

So we have two of the four that have responded already hitting the bedding areas.....cool.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am setting up on the edge of a bedding area on a ridge/creek bottom that funnels them to a corn field on both sides of me. Then I am hunting the big field that afternoon.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing. I'll be watching the boards too see who scores or I just might possibly go back up to northern Minnesota and hit the woods for bear again. Still up In the air yet though.[>:]

Good luck to all who head on out!!
Old 09-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

My opener will be on a saddle overlooking bedding and within 50 yrds of a creek. Its full of white oaks and Im seeing lots of scrapes in the area.

Good luck!
Old 09-11-2008, 05:46 PM

I should add, on Sat night I should be out as well. Depending on what the wind does I have two setups in mind, both hunting the same corn field. I am hoping for a South East wind, but I probably won't get it[&o]

Quick Reply: Your opening day game plan?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.