Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Idaho shed hunter stalked by two wolves! >

Idaho shed hunter stalked by two wolves!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Idaho shed hunter stalked by two wolves!

Old 04-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Idaho shed hunter stalked by two wolves!

Jason,

I have been running into a lot of wolf sign and seeing a fewup here in Northern Idaho as well. I did a big circle in the snow last month and found fresh wolf track in my 2-3 hour old tracks! One loan set. Its only a matter of time before a pack of wolves kills a shed hunter, hunter or even achild in someones back yard here in Idaho its already happened in other places. I hate the fact that the reintroduction of NON NATIVE WOLVES into IDAHO was ever passed. its just pure garbage... makes me sick.. I pack a 44 mag on all my shed hunting trips, I have to to, I owe it to my family to be safe. I just read in the local paper (st maries)the other day that the Selay or Lolo zone..one of those went from 17,000 elk to just over 5,000 in the pastdecade or so. There is a huge wolf petition signing going on in the Panhandle area right now! I wish you guys from Southern Idaho could get a hold of it? maybe you have it. Its a petition to remove the Canadian wolves that have been reintroduced into Idaho. They are trying to get 60,000 signatures by mid April, I will get the news paper and get back to you guys on this. In that article local photographer shot pictures of wolves killing elk forthe thrill, eating nearly NOTHING of the elk and killing more and them leaving the dead elk behind. I saw the pictures. I was talking to my brother the other day from Riggins. He was telling me how is friends that bear hunt in June while the cow elk are calving..several dead cow elk were the cow is left behind the only thing the wolves are eating is the calf while in the uterus, the mammery glands and the milk ! They leave the rest of the elk to rot. ...they have also found dead cougars...where a cougar trys to defend its kill and the wolves kill the cat with their pack... of course because these guys are just hard core hunters and not SCIENTISTS...there findings don't get recognized...
Old 04-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Troy yes please get me that info, I bet I can get a couple of thousand signatures just from the local hunting shops alone.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:20 AM

shed33, tell those guys to start packing cameras along with them. A picture goes a long, long way in refuting these modern "scientists". Tracks, bite marks, etc. will identify wolves as the culprits, and that will help the cause. Of course, video would be even better. In the meantime, shoot, shovel, and shut up always works.

While I'm glad I live in the southern Great Lakes area, my uncle in northern MI has seen wolves on his land; of course, it took the MI DNR years and years before they finally admitted wolves were in the lower penisula. Gotta wonder how and why about all the wolves. Makes a great case for PETA: you hunters don't need to hunt anymore to keep the deer/elk/moose numbers down; the wolves will do it (and more, too).

You guys be carefull out there!

Old 04-09-2006, 03:34 PM

That's some pretty scary stuff if you ask me!
Old 04-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always carry a hand gun into the woods when walking. A few years ago I was walking down an old mine road when I noticed a big Doberman cross the road about 150 yards away. Didn't think much about it until I got a little closer. The dog came back out on the road, saw me, then started running right at me. I stopped, pulled my 357 and waited. When he was around 40 yards from me his owner yelled at him and he stopped and returned back up the dirt road. When I got to the owner and his now leashed puppy, the guy had the grapes enough to say, "you were going to shoot my dog, weren't you?" My answer,"you bet your sweet a-- I was going to shoot your dog". He was about 3 seconds from doggy heaven. I asked him what he would have done if my Mastiff was chugging at him with no one in sight. I think a light went on and he apologized.[:-]
Old 04-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Fork Horn

Where can I get a copy of the petition? I've heard of the thing, but have yet to see it in my area?