Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Wolves: Tell Me Again Why It Was A Good Idea..... >

Wolves: Tell Me Again Why It Was A Good Idea.....

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolves: Tell Me Again Why It Was A Good Idea.....

Old 03-02-2006, 08:36 AM

Default Wolves: Tell Me Again Why It Was A Good Idea.....

Wolf pack kills 22yr. old man!

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/hunting/article/0,19912,1168298-1,00.html

I'm sure the enviros and the pro-wolfers already have their "spins" written up....

Yes, but this and ....
Yes, but that.

Grand dad and his generation cleaned up this mess in the lower 48, but then someone had this great idea....

Yes, but this and ....
Yes, but that.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wolves: Tell Me Again Why It Was A Good Idea.....

Elk,
I had this discussion with a freind several years ago,my family and his family have gone back generations here in Montana back to the mid 1800's.

And like he said,"There was a reason why they killed them all"

They are preators,and opptiunistic at that,when a easy meal is provided then thats what they eat.I don't care if this pack was used to humans,or garbage.They showed a threat,so get rid of them.I belive where this guy was killed there was a simalr attack a few years ago,dose anyone remender the rig worker who was walking to his barracks when he was attacked?He defended him self with a stick,and when the wolf attacked he put it in a bear hug,and held on till help arrived.I'm pretty shure this was the same village.
BBJ
Old 03-02-2006, 04:27 PM

I heard a story from a credible source last year about a guy who was elk hunting here in Wyoming when a pack of wolves surrounded him on a trail and starting moving in on him. He only got away by shooting at the wolves with his rifle and driving them off. I figured it was only a matter of time until someone finally got killed by wolves and proved wrong that wolf lovers' claims that wolves will not hurt people.

We can start making the wolf situation better as soon as the feds pull their heads out and approve my state's wolf management plan. In all of the feds' arguments against Wyoming's dual classification system that lists wolves as predators aboutside of the recovery area, they conveniently fail to mention that the majority of the members a panel of highly qualified wolf experts all agreed that the dual listing was fine and would not threaten the sustainment of a healthy wolf population in Wyoming. And the panel was hired by the feds! By siting the dual classification system as one of the reasons they won't approve our plan, the feds are essentially claiming to be smarter than the top wolf experts in North America. What a joke.

P.S. For those of you who have never heard of these reports here a link to them. http://gf.state.wy.us/downloads/pdf/...eer_review.pdf
Old 03-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

Elk, It sounds as if your beef to the wolves are that they killed someone and now they should be eradicated "again"! I'm not what you would call a "wolf lover" but I am a proponent to all the things that make up a "wilderness" including animals that can kill humans. I believe in a healthy ecosystem which to me would include a healthy population of "huntable" predators within it. This would also include the grizzly, the black bear, and the cougar, which have all killed humans in the past and will again. I don't think the feds introduced the wolves in the right manner but I do believe the right sub-species of wolvesshould bein our western wilderness areas as a "huntable" population.I think we are all better off, spiritually,when we are not at the top of the food chain.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

because once the elk, whitetail, moose and mulie season is over you can hunt wolves, cougers, yotes and what ever predator that comes into your sight
Old 03-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

It really is laughable the mentality of the wolf haters. Actually it's jut really sad.

I guess this world would be one big feel good place if we just killed off all of the predators so we could have all the omnivores all to ourselves.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

EKM. Careful there. Your gonna hurt miss Fonda's feelings.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:37 PM

BB, going thru the70s, 80's, and early 90sI didn't sense that I wasin a "spiritual desert" becauseI lacked wolves inmy life, did you?Seriously?

Did you enjoyColorado's prestige of having more elk than anywhere else on earth? Would you like to see that continue? Just a thought, because the dinner bell is ringin' and company is coming.

James, don't worry I won't loose any sleep over Miss Jane.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

No, I have never been in any spiritual desert because of a lack of wolves either, or any other animal, but I would like to have some wolves around but I am certainly not thinking like the government does concerning the reintroduction.

You absolutely can not have an apex predator like the wolf and not control their population. This is exactly where all the controversy is coming from. It was a big cluster @#$% from the beginning and was never done right and still isn't being done right.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

bigbulls, no offence but your crazy to want just a few wolves around. You lived in Colorado for 2 years, and now you are back south somewhere correct? Idon't know how much elk hunting you did duringyour two years in Colorado but I can betyou money you will look back on those days as glory days if the wolves get a strong hold in Colorado. I don't know a serious elk hunter in Idaho who likes them. And you can bet your butt I know a lot of elk hunters.You might think I'm selfish and want all the elk for myself. Well that's partly true because I want elk aroundin the long haul.Even the folks at goverment levels are starting to get realy worried about theproblems the wolves are causeing. Our grandfatherswere right to get ridof them in the first place.The area I hunted in central Idaho was a meca for big bulls and a lots of elk. Gone is those days until the wolves are killed off. Yes there are still elk around but few and far between compared to what it used to be. Contrairy (sp?)to what tree huggerswant you to believe the big mature bulls are the first to be killed off by the wolves. After the rut these bulls are warn outand in need of rest and nurishment.Most seek shelter alone and try to pack on a few pounds for winter.This condition makes for easy pickings for a pack of wolves.Many many of outfitters have gone out of business because their are simply not enoughmature bullsaround. If you don't belive me or the facts you are being stubborn and unwise. I am just one of many who speak these same things over and over again. Say what you want but I feel its sad you don't wake up and smell the roses, and see the truth.

Quick Reply: Wolves: Tell Me Again Why It Was A Good Idea.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.