Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Hornady SST Interlock bullets >

Hornady SST Interlock bullets

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hornady SST Interlock bullets

Old 02-13-2006, 03:24 PM

Default Hornady SST Interlock bullets

Anyone have experience with these bullets. I'm looking for hands on experience here. I was looking to get the Nosler Accubond bullets but they aren't making them in 6.5 mm. Iam consideringthe Hornadies for antelope/deer/sheep size game. Please don't tell me how great the triple shocks and partitions are etc. I know about them. I'm lookingfor a polymer tipped/ higherBC bulletyet I still need reliable terminal performance.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:02 PM

Default RE: Hornady SST Interlock bullets

I am using the 129gr SST at the moment in my 260rem there performance on pig’s and goats are great and I would use them on red deer without hesitation but I wont be using them again in the 260rem as there just too long seat properly. In order fit them in the magazine your have seat them way back from the lands, (in a model 7 anyway) and the resulting accuracy is under my expectations at about 1.5” I can get them to do .75 if I seat them right out and load one at a time so they should work very well in a 6.5sweed or a 6.5/06 where you have a little more room to play with.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:58 PM

Default RE: Hornady SST Interlock bullets

Thanks 260.

I like what I read about the Hornady Interbonds but they're not available in 6.5 either.

Same question for the Swift Scirrocco II.