Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Finally! got a big one!

Old 11-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Finally! got a big one!

HarleyWhite is taking care of thisone for me. Hes both a great guy, and has done some beautiful work.
you had a chance to take anything yet this year Hemi?
Take a look down a bit in this big game forum, I posted a pic of a nice mulie living in my friends back yard on Knox Mountain.

Where above McKinley did this beaut get taken? Like on the Winfield side?
Old 11-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

BTW Hemi, take a look down at "Nice Irregular Mulie" he came outta Mckinley if you didnt see that one.

Moosehunter - I am heading up your way next August for that open season on moose!
Old 11-12-2005, 01:37 PM

Agaucher,

The mulie was taken on the Winfield side as far as I know. I was lucky enough to take a nice BC book California Bighorn this year in Vasaux Lake. Harley does a nice job, but there is another guy in Kelowna doing EXCEPTIONAL work as well. All his work is by work of mouth..no advertising etc.. Mark Krouse is his name.. he had done some of my buddies deer and hes doing my Ram as well. Great guy, super prices and his turn around time on my Ram is 6months vs Harleys and others 2 year back log. Just thought I would mention it.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Nice nice. I think i have heard his name from the fellows at Bear Creek Sports. Congrats on the Ram. I am planning on heading upto Ashnola next year regardless if I can get a draw for a ram, as there are some beautiful mulies up there as well. As for turn around Harley's is 6 months for that mulie.

I am heading to sask this upconing weekend, and hope to shoot 150+ whitetail. If so, I will take his head to a diff. taxidermist to compare work/prices/turnaround.

What other types of hunting you do around here?
Old 11-12-2005, 05:27 PM

wow...6 months from Harley is super fast!...a buddy just took his Dall sheep in and wont have it back for 18-20 months! Harley does a great job though. The Ashnola is a nice area.

I actually live in Rock Creek and work in Kelowna area Mon-thurs. Most my hunting is up here. Elk,mulies and whities. I usually go to Moberly Lake for my moose hunt everyAugust 15th,but my Ram hunt messed that up. Next year I will go if I do not get my Dall draw. Then myself and one of my buds are packing in to Mt Mahon in the Kootenays for Elk in sept.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

Wow exciting hunts. What would you recommend for whitetail around here? I have hunted Christian valley a lot in the past, but as I am sure you know its WAY over hunted. I actually was thinking about starting to look on the beaverdell side.

Where abouts is Moberly Lake, and how productive is it? I have never been moose hunting and was going to just "wing it" during that August early season. You know just drive up north and hope for the best I guess.

Where in town do yah work?
Old 11-12-2005, 09:16 PM

Christian Valley has some nice areas for whitetails but like you mentioned its high pressure....which sometimes isnt a bad thing because it does flush them out. Beaverdell is pretty decent...lots of traffic there also. Hall Creek isnt bad. Trapper.

Moberly Lake is between Chetwynd and Hudsons Hope. There is an abundant moose population all through there. We take our bulls every year out of there as do many guys. Its about a 10 hour drive. Closer to the season I could give you some areas to check out if you were interested.

Im a Welder/Ironworker for a structural steel company in Kelowna. We contract to Kelowna Steel Fabricators.....You?
Old 11-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

That would be great getting some info closer to next summer...
I am a 3rd year business student at Okanagan college, and build spec houses on the side.