Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Bow hunting pack-for on  the move elk hunter >

Bow hunting pack-for on the move elk hunter

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bow hunting pack-for on the move elk hunter

Old 08-16-2005, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bow hunting pack-for on the move elk hunter

Hey guys,
I saw a pacjk a few weeks ago the you could tie your bow to the back of you.I don't know the name,maybe you can help me out.It almost looked like a camlebak but had better support.
Also have anyone of you herd of Eberlestock Pack and equipment.They have a pack called the slingshot.I can get it at Sportsman whearhouse in Missoula,but thats a 300 mile drive so before I drive there for a 150 dollar pack,I was wondering if anyone elese have any opinons.
BBJ
Old 08-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow hunting pack-for on the move elk hunter

BBJ, My wife bought a daypack at Scheels all sport in Billings.The packsholds your bow or rifle on the back side of it. I am not sure of the brand name? I think it is Mad Dog?
With the price of gas you might want to orderyour packfrom Cabelas?

Good luck this season,

Wolf Killer
Old 08-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wolf,
Thanks for the replie,I looked at the Mad dog gear and that is still one of my options,we have 2 local sportingood stores but only one carry any kind of quality of pack and thats fieldline(and they are pricey).
I realy don't mind the drive,I have a gun up there on law-away any way from whenI was up there in July.I looked in Great Falls last weekend but they don't have much.I might just order this pack off line.Here is the link www.eberlestock.com/G285%20Slingshot.htm
Take a look
BBJ
Old 08-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey BJ,
That may be the same pack I have (like what wolf killer described) It is a mad dog by stearns. It has that little extra pack that looks like a camel back connected with those plastic clips and you can clip your gun or bow in between. It wasn't that expensive (like 50-60 bucks). The only thing I didn't like was that it just had the two shoulder straps and didn't have a chest strap to connect them for more comfort, but I just rigged one up from an old wading belt. Hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw that pack. I'mnot sure if its the same one but I thought it was a good ideal of being able to carry my bow as its awkward and heavy as an anchor but I decided againstbuying that packbecause I encounter a lot of game slipping through the bush to and from a stand and don't want to blow an oppurtunity of having to go through the emotions of unstrapping my bow. I have enuff things that go wrong as it is.

Bobby
Old 08-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Hey BBJ, just as an fyi, I'm looking at Cabelas and they have several that hold rifle/bow. One is listed as "Cabelas Bow/Rifle pack and comes in two different sizes...Large (2150 cu in.) for $89.00 or X-large (3000 cu. in.) for $119.00. Add scent lock and prices are $119 for large and $149 for X-large.

Old 08-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

I have the Cabelas Bow/Rifle pack and its real nice. I wouldnt bother with the larger one (IMO) the smaller one works just fine.

You will like the pack

Don
Old 08-16-2005, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

BBJ, I just looked at the slingshot pack, I love it. I wonder if my wife would kill me if I bought another pack? I alreadry have 4-day packs.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wolf the wife won't mind,tell here it's all you ever wanted other then her.

I got it had to order it through Bass Pro they were cheaper then Cabela's.The other one I saw was made by Horn Hunter,but I liked the open back and freedom of movement it alows.

Hillbilly Call me when you head out a week befor I have some info for on the 410 tag you have.
BBJ