Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Now I'm getting real ELKY

Old 06-21-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Now I'm getting real ELKY

Purchased a new bow package, case, carbon arrows and the whole sha-bang this weekend. Got it all put togather and loosed a few shots today. Normally, I don't even think about elk until after the fourth of July, but this year is different , I'm already getting the fever. The night before opener I'm so jazzed I can hardly sleep and usaully drift off about 2am and the alarm goed off 2 hours later. This year is going to be really bad. 80 some days and its on, can't wait.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Now I'm getting real ELKY

I know the feeling, I too getting pumped and ready, august 30th here I come!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:33 PM

Boys.. I'm with ya. I never get it out of the system. I've put in my 2 weeks in Sept. for my usual SE Idaho elk hunt and the people at work thought I was crazy.. you see.. I asked them off in January!

Aug. 20th for Mulies here in Utah and the 26th for Elk.. Less than 2 months!!! Yiiipppppeee! then it's Idaho time!!

Muley.. what kind of bow did you get?
Old 06-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

I got lucky and drew a first rifle seasoneither sex tag in in section 28 in colorado. I grabbed a leftover tag last year and had no clue as to what I was doing. It was my first big game hunt ever.Got nothing. This year, It oughtta be different. I am doing elk, mule deer and white tail in oklahoma. A good year indeed. I need help with the calls now,,,,, EJ
Old 06-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm all stoked for elk this year,I bought a new bow got it dialed in,been working on my calls,and buying gear left and right.

Now the only problem I have is it looks like harvest is going to be a late one and I will be lucky to get the bow out till the last week of September.Still there will be elk that need to be killed and i will probaly miss the big rush and all.I geuss I will get to hunt the tail end of the peak.
Not only that I have seen some HUGE,HUGE bulls this year antler growth at it's max.
BBJ
Old 06-22-2005, 02:53 PM

Now, BBJ quit talking like that. I'm having enough trouble as is waiting for september. Talk of maximum antler growth will in no way help my condition.[:-]
Old 06-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Ya know .....Every year I say to myself that after the seasons are over I'm goingto take it easier the next year.But somewhere around January????? ( Really a week after ) I start looking around and maybe just maybe I should get that new handy little gadget that I saw in Cabala's or in this years case it was a Bow with this and that .New "Bowhunting " boots???But maybe I should try that other thing........Bow shop......OH that's not right ......Bow shop. Don't forget about the trusty sidelock that is contributing to my antler growth......Maybe some new sights...No....A new load.....Yeh thats it.....No you still have a Year old rifle that wants some lead put through it?????
Seriously I remember have a dream back in January about herds of Elk.
I don't think it will ever stop and I DON'T CARE

Bill
Old 06-22-2005, 07:07 PM

After much discussion with IdahoElkInstructor, I settled on a PSE Typhoon, saved about 450.00 over the Mathews I was pondering. Damn good thing too, because today I just dropped 460.00 on a new Nikon Leveler for our remodeling job that starts tomarrow.[:@] Turned my generator in for repairs, spent 480.00 on my two work rigs, paid a 2000.00 lumber yard bill, 3000.00 into the personal account to keep the wife off the back, turned in my DeWalt drill for repairs, and got stuck with a 45.00 part replacement for my POS coleman compressor! Did I mention that deisel is moving back up again? The more I make the more I pay, some day I'm going to win the lottery, but I still ain't paying 950.00 for a bow!
Old 06-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

RE: Now I'm getting real ELKY - 6/22/2005 8:07:07 PM

showPicture("6/22/2005 8:07:07 PM",0,0,0,1100629,5)

muley69

titleAndStar(1106,0,0,false,"","")
Life Member

[align=center][/align]
After much discussion with IdahoElkInstructor, I settled on a PSE Typhoon, saved about 450.00 over the Mathews I was pondering. Damn good thing too, because today I just dropped 460.00 on a new Nikon Leveler for our remodeling job that starts tomarrow.[:@] Turned my generator in for repairs, spent 480.00 on my two work rigs, paid a 2000.00 lumber yard bill, 3000.00 into the personal account to keep the wife off the back, turned in my DeWalt drill for repairs, and got stuck with a 45.00 part replacement for my POS coleman compressor! Did I mention that deisel is moving back up again? The more I make the more I pay, some day I'm going to win the lottery, but I still ain't paying 950.00 for a bow!

< Message edited by muley69 -- 6/22/2005 8:08:06 PM >

Whoa now, I didn't have any part of it, I was just trying to make a simple explantion!And I'm afraid all I did was stick my big size 12 foot in my mouth.[:-]muley, I agree with you on one thing for sure. That any new bow is miles ahead of an older bow made 10 or so years ago. But if needed, I know I could still pick up my 1991 Golden Eagle Formula 3-D, and go out and kill a elk.That bowmight be a dinasour compared to todays modern bows, but if needed it could still kill again!