Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado refund today

Old 06-10-2005, 07:47 PM
car
Typical Buck

Default Colorado refund today

Just received my refund check from Colorado today. Building some preference points for elk. I now have a grand total of 4. Next Friday is the moose draw for Maine and Sat is NH draw. I'm not trying to build points on those two, just draw the tag. car
Old 06-11-2005, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Colorado refund today

which area are ya building points for? I also am doing the same thing, upto 5 points now!
Old 06-11-2005, 07:44 AM

car, how long have you been applying in Maine? I just started last year and didn't quit understand the different dollar amounts and how it would improve your odds? I guess I will grind it out for 10 years or so.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got preference points coming from CO for elk and deer also...Burned my deer points in 2000 on a high country hunt ( killed a slammer 4x4) and burned my elk points last year on a unit 76 muzz hunt ( killed a decent 6x6)...

I applied for a Maine moose tag for 20 years with no success, and finally gave up last year... Price kept going up and drawing odds kept getting worse...I think the NH draw has the best drawing odds in the lower 48...
Old 06-11-2005, 04:28 PM
car
Typical Buck

Howler I'm just saving points right now. I plan on moving to Wy in 6 to 7 years from now and will wait to use my points when I make that move.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:42 PM
car
Typical Buck

Hey Rebel Dog, it is hard to follow some of these states. The way it works in Maine is you are buying a chance for the draw. Each year that you app and don't draw you get a point (chance) for next year if you app. It does matter how many chances that you bought the year before, you only accumulate 1 point for the next years draw. I think this is my 4 year of app. This time next week and I will know if I draw.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

of course it doesnt matter if ya draw or not car, i know ya cant hit a moose with anything less than a buick, so maybe it would be better if you just gave that permit to a more worthy hunter.......me??

honestly, i wish the vermont moose draw was next week too. with everything planned for this fall, it would be nice to know on that before early to mid august. that just seems so late to find out if your hunting or not.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Spike

Actually I thought that one of those eastern Moose tags was going to mine LOL !!!!!!!!
Bowedark
Old 06-14-2005, 05:27 PM

I haven't received my refund for elkand deer yet from Colorado. I have 12pp for elk and 11pp for deer. Hopefully I'll have enough points in 06to get drawed for the unit I want for elk with the MZ.