Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

REFUND ???????

Old 08-23-2003, 05:37 PM

Default REFUND ???????

I was just wondering if any one has heard anything about the shooters getting a refund since we only got to shoot half of the targets. I think this would only be fair to the participants.[:-] What do ya all think?
Old 08-23-2003, 08:26 PM

Default RE: REFUND ???????

refund hell, i butchered the 20 targets i did shoot....i should pay for additional wear and tear......but i will get them next year........
Old 08-24-2003, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t believe a refund is warranted...

I know NASCAR, NHRA, IRL, MLB, NFL, PGA or most any other outdoor sports venues don' t give refunds for weather shortened events.

JMHO...
Old 08-24-2003, 09:30 PM

i don' t care about a refund, i just wanted to be able to shoot 40 targets. for the amount it cost to go to snowshoe, i dont think $30 back is going to make a difference.they need to come up with a plan for bad weather. i doubt that it will be a extra day for next year since a lot of people have already booked. but i think it' s wrong to just suspend shooting with no plan or orginization.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

To take a " hard a$$" approach: you didn' t pay to shoot 40 targets (50 if you make shootoff), you paid to participate in the tournament. You did, no refund is warranted.

Same as other events, nascar, baseball etc, you pay to get in the park/stadium, should the event be cancelled far enough in to not be made up, oh well you don' t get a refund.

--Bob
Old 08-25-2003, 07:46 AM

No refunds It sucks things went the way they did but it happens better luck next year.

Varmint[hr]
Old 08-25-2003, 01:16 PM

bob h in nh,

Based on your logic we were spectators not participants.

Fourty targets were scheduled and 40 targets were paid for.

Last year there was no shoot off and the full prize money was paid.
The people who paid for the full event are the loosers, the people who were selected for the shoot off were selected they did not qulaify by completing the tournament. Does the Major league baseball teams get a win for four innings, if a soccer game is stopped for weather does it give the team that is ahead the win then or do they try to complete the game. Does NASCAR call the race at the first sign of rain or lightning. All of these events have more people assembled than any archery event you have ever been too. What happens next year if on Friday we get high winds and they last for 2 or 3 days. High winds will have the same affect as lightning at Snow Shoe Mountain? The location is a high risk location and to pay the amount that they are asking to participate is very risky. The IBO is more aware than ever before what can happen if the conditions become less than favorable. Now is the time that we will find out if the IBO can learn from a bad expierence and devise a plan that will insure the majority of the people attendending that they will have every chance available to shoot the full tournament, win, loose or draw. If we have 2700 shooters ever again and 90% percent of the shooters are left standing there early in the day on Fri. or Sat. I can bet that there will be more damage done to the reputation of the Injured IBO and there damaged prestiege. We will never know how many archers who had worked all year, attended IBO shoots at home, Southern Triple Crown and the National Triple Crown to try to win or place in their class were within one arrow of making it only to be denied by the weather again for the second year in a row.

The persons who took home prize money are the only winners and we will never know how many made it in by default. The biggest loss most people suffered is the fact that they had hoped to shoot 2 days 40 arrows to qualify for the final day and they were denied because there was no plan to take care of bad weather earlier then we had expierenced the year before when the winners were also declared. The IBO cannot control the weather nor can they predict it with any degree of certenty what the weather will be at the location. They do have a track record for the weather to make a schedule that will be more flexable and give more emphasis to having the majority complete what they came for, to participate.

Sixty dollars will get you a good SEAT at just about any sporting event and in most cases a rain check when possible. Every Sunday I pay $8.00 to shoot 30 targets in the league where I live. We shoot every week regardless of weather and every week it is at a differnt club. To me sixty dollars is a high price to pay for shooting 20 targets and I won' t even mention all the other expenses.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fastfletch, ok, good point, but I have paid to play in soccer and baseball tournaments that were shortened due to weather, the fee is the same. Same goes here, you did not pay for 40 targets, you paid to shoot in the tournament, which was SCHEDULED for 40 targets. The schedule was altered due to weather, if this happens early enough that the tournament organizers decide the tournament didn' t happen, then you get a refund, if the tournament organizers decide enough has happened to decide the winner, then there is no refund.

In baseball the line is 5 innings I believe. Rain out after this, game counts. If you pay to enter a baseball game and its called after 5 innings, game over. If its cancelled before this, it never happened. Same here, if it gets cancelled before Friday is done, I would GUESS the IBO would cancel the tournament, no winners, no prize money etc and hopefully we would get a refund.

In this case the organizers decided all shooters shot enough to make a " top shooters' decision, therefore tournament counts, schedule is shortened and no refund. Sure, I would like some refund, but don' t think its the right thing. The tournament happened, winners where crowned, they will get their checks, the money for these checks comes from your and my entry fee.

--Bob
Old 08-26-2003, 12:35 PM

Ok lets use the logic I go to a Boxing match. the card is for 6 fights 12 rounds each all are knock outs in the first 20 seconds. Your out of there in 1/2 hour do you get your money back because you paid for the full night? Don' t think so!
Old 08-26-2003, 02:52 PM

I am not saying that people should get there money back.......................

I am saying that your comparing apples and oranges when it comes to comparing Archery to a spectator event. 295 people competed on Sunday that 1819 people only got half of their moneys worth. There will never be a event that you can schedule that will not have some problems but the most important thing is still to satisfy the majority at all cost and try eliminate any doubt that you did not try to make everyone happy. If the plans that you make to complete an event and satisfy the majority fail, well at least you have tried.

Quick Reply: REFUND ???????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.