Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Colorado "Left Over" Draw Opened Today (8-10-04)! >

Colorado "Left Over" Draw Opened Today (8-10-04)!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado "Left Over" Draw Opened Today (8-10-04)!

Old 08-10-2004, 11:16 PM

Default Colorado "Left Over" Draw Opened Today (8-10-04)!

Colorado's left over draw for big game "opened up" today for res and non-res alike on a first come first served basis. Concerned that their new "web based" system might "choke" under demand, I made my annual pilgrimage down to CDOW headquarters in Denver to pick up elk tags. Some areas closed out of tags early, while others still had tags left over at 11:00 a.m.

I managed to pick up a non-resident cow tag ($253.25) for the father of a young lady (14) who is going to be joining our camp this fall as our youngest and first female hunter. They are from NE California and will be working as a "tag team". Dad, he don't really care if he gets an elk or not --- just wants to support the daughter. She, on the other hand, has been watching the outdoor channel, and though she earlier drew a non-res youth "either sex" tag ($100), she says she will only shoot a bull (oh, yes, and a big one too)! Ah, the optimism of youth! I hope she gets her bull, but good thing Dad has that cow tag and is going to be right there along side her.

I also picked up a second cow tag ($33.25) for each of our resident hunters who has an "either sex" tag (read "bull tag") that way if they see a nice cow early they can go ahead and "pop" it. Then, if a bull presents himself later, they can get the bull too.

That is it from Denver --- Stoked,

EKM
Old 09-14-2004, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Colorado "Left Over" Draw Opened Today (8-10-04)!

I envy your new hunting guests.......that is what the experience is for!
We have a father/son among us. I get caught up in experiencing it through their actions and reactions.