Team 5 ~ Hang em High >

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Old 03-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

bornagain64 checking in.
I am hunting Osceola s in Fla. 2 weeks until our opener.
I hunt public land, but we have located some birds for this season.

John
Old 03-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Spike

I'm checking in. What's our team name and who is the captain?
Old 03-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the team guys!! We have no team name or captian as of yet. We still need our team to check in so that can get under way..
Old 03-03-2013, 05:31 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Welcome to the team guys! Wow Looks like we got quite a few who will be starting sooner than later! Hard to even think about turkeys here , 5 deg and 10 inches of snow. Jealous of you Florida guys right now! Hopefully we are in our last couple weeks of winter here and season opens April 22. We had a real mild winter last yr and this one was cold but not much snow so hopefully the bird numbers around here keep improving. I have a good sized cut cornfeild which has consistantly had birds roosting on the edge of it for the past few springs so that will be my go to spot this yr if all goes well. We only get one bird here in Mi. and the last few yrs the birds i've taken haven't been very impressive score wise so i'm lookin at improving on that this yr, plus My Dad will be hunting with me again, and he's yet to get one so i gotta make that happen this yr.

We need to start rackin our brains for a name, i've been tryin but nuthin good yet.
As far as a captain, we have at least 3 guys on this team, myself included who have done it in past yrs so should'nt be a problem coming up with that.
Good luck guys! Can't wait to start hearin about you guys in the south wackin some birds! Go get em!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome born and wetley! Hope you guys are talkative cause I'm full of useless knowledge that I like to share with everyone. I think the season starts here March 25th. In all honesty, I haven't even thought about opening day much. I've been to pre-occupied with being a commitee member for our area NWTF Chapter. The Cottonwood Prairie Toms. Our banquet is the 22nd so its getting real close. Pretty excited about it. This year I've raised over $2500 for it. Not too shabby. But if any of you guys want to donate some $$$$ to the cause, I'll be glad to accept it. If anyone has any names then just throw them out there. I'll get my thinkin cap on for it.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:57 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Bored today. too much time on my hands. Came up with this, tell me what ya think

Old 03-03-2013, 03:07 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Hey Mottz, gotta tell ya a story. Last fall during the bowhunting contest i was on here checking out your team and reading your posts. My 6 yr old came up next to me and looked at the screen, seeing your avatar. He shrugged his shoulders and started shaking his head. He said "Dad, that just don't make any sense! thats not nearly enough camo! The deer would see ya for sure wearing that!"
All i could do was smile and agree with him! Ahh to be a kid again!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

That pic looks good to me j. Team or avatar pic doesn't mean too much to me anymore on here. Its the quality of the guys and chat that makes these contests fun.

You should have took that as an invitation to say "son, somethings trump deer hunting and that is 1 fine example of what does"LMAO
Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like your avatar Mottz... I have to smile everytime I see it... Now I am waiting to hear the outcome of numerous wild turkey hunting bills up here. They might be allowing us to nail even more birds under a completely different set of rules as well as a longer season.. Last year I nailed both of my turkeys in 3 days of hunting.. Then I got bored because my hunting season ended to quick for me ..

I was our team captian last year after our original captain vanished.. We never really found out why.. There was a lot of bad storms where he lived and we could only hope that he and his family was OK..

Anyways here is an article to read for those that wish on what is going on up here right now.. http://bangordailynews.com/2013/02/1...control-bills/

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 03-03-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:52 AM
Spike

Team #5 "Big Peckers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.