Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits >

Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits

The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits

Old 04-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey arrow are they having a scoreboard this year??????
Old 04-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Yes JW put it up today
Old 04-07-2013, 02:16 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Congrats DTC Jr, that's a hoss for sure!

Went back to my place today. The water is going back down, but may be too late into the season to matter. Hens have to get to a nesting area, and if my place floods at the right time the birds set up for the spring in another area. I found one lone set of gobbler tracks a day or two old in the muddy glazed floor the floods have left, but only red birds and owls sang to welcome the day. Hunted until lunch with no signs of any birds.
I'm starting to think about not going to Ohio the last week of April and going back to north BAMA again....those birds should be ripe for the picking by then.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Spike

Boys I just looked at the rankings we are in 1st!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to spank em DTC Jr.! Dang ya'll got some fat boys in your house! Tell Dad the team appreciates him puttin our Team mate on some good ones. Can't wait to see the pictures. Check out this guy not far from my house,if our season was open either me or my buddy would drop this beauty. 2 weeks or so before we get the kids out for youth season. Saw a group of them strutin not to far from where this guys hangs out.
Attached Thumbnails Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits-strutter.jpg   Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits-tom.jpg  

Last edited by doetrain; 04-08-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

That dudes got some hooks on him doetrain!

I always think if I just can get that one bird, I'll be ok.......WRONG! Lol!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Great Job to EFH and DTC Jr. way to go

My turkey hunting was not so good in Nebraska. I was there Thrsday at 5:00 p.m. I had two jakes come right in at 5:45 at 15 yrds away. I let them walk away, at 5:50 a big Tom about 70 yrds away he looked at me and Limped away. He looked like he was shot before. The next morning alot of hens and toms was rigth behind me, and yelp and hens yelp and the toms gobbling back at me but they gone the others away from me. I stayed all morning by the afternoon the wind was picking up 20 to 30 mph winds. I got in the bottoms hope to hear some toms, but no luck. The next morning the wind was still blowing the same. Well that was my hunt. I hope I will get one in Illinois.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Spike

That's a big bird if you could get him down doetrain, that would be really good for us!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:21 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Turkman, you'll get em bro! Cant wait to see that fat Illinois strutter your gonna fold up!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's the way to smack em dtc jr, excellent bird buddy!

Well I took my day off today instead of Friday and had a fairly good morning, but got the slip put on me by a stubborn old gobbler. I got to the property about 5:30 and listened to about 10 minutes of dead silence before giving an owl hoot to try and wake em up. As soon as I did a bird cut me off with a strong gobble at about 150 yds down off a steep ridge. He gobbled his butt off at the crows but never answered my calls once I was set up. There were only two ways he could've pitched down off the roost and he decided to go the other way to the neighbors property. This was the first day I've had a good bit of gobbling but it was all shock gobbling and he just wasn't interested in me. Once he hit the ground he shut up and was gone. I was able to slip up to the edge of the hill overlooking the hollow and opposite ridge and actually saw him going up the other side with some other birds. I tried to get over to the other side at about 10:00 and see if I could get another shock gobble from him but I got nothing. Another frustrating day after an hour drive but hopefully the action is picking up. I'll be back after that bird soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.