HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 06:33 PM
SouthernStrut56
Nontypical Buck

That's the way to smack em dtc jr, excellent bird buddy!

Well I took my day off today instead of Friday and had a fairly good morning, but got the slip put on me by a stubborn old gobbler. I got to the property about 5:30 and listened to about 10 minutes of dead silence before giving an owl hoot to try and wake em up. As soon as I did a bird cut me off with a strong gobble at about 150 yds down off a steep ridge. He gobbled his butt off at the crows but never answered my calls once I was set up. There were only two ways he could've pitched down off the roost and he decided to go the other way to the neighbors property. This was the first day I've had a good bit of gobbling but it was all shock gobbling and he just wasn't interested in me. Once he hit the ground he shut up and was gone. I was able to slip up to the edge of the hill overlooking the hollow and opposite ridge and actually saw him going up the other side with some other birds. I tried to get over to the other side at about 10:00 and see if I could get another shock gobble from him but I got nothing. Another frustrating day after an hour drive but hopefully the action is picking up. I'll be back after that bird soon.