HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mobile tree platform vs fixed tree stand
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 04:00 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by alex_sebh
A saddle definitely takes a little time to setup, but the benefits - mobility and versatility - far outweigh the benefits of a fixed tree stand.
That would all depend on where you hunt . I used to move around and hunt different spots that had deer use sign. Then I was luck enough to get access to 100 acres of private land which I scouted hard and found where the heavily used trails were and picked a spot that had several heavily used trails and and a pinch point and that spot was not near any of the other three hunters on the property so I build a permanant elevated stand and never looked back. I was much more comsistantly successful that I ever was hopping from spot to spot. Eventually as I got older I bought an enclosed elevated stand that allows me to keep much of my gear in it such as a heater and swivel chair etc about 50 yards from my open stand wich I knocked down. If you only have public ground to hunt, mobility is probably the best bet but if you can gain access to a good piece of private ground and lean it well, it is not necessary to be mobile. I kill more deer where I hunt now being stationary than I ever did being mobile and I am a heck of a lot more comfortable as well. In addittion, you will find that the older you get the more comfort will mean to you.