Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2017 Turkey Contest
Team 2  ☆☆~ Holler back ~ ☆☆ >

Team 2 ☆☆~ Holler back ~ ☆☆

Community

Team 2 ☆☆~ Holler back ~ ☆☆

Old 03-22-2017, 10:07 AM
Spike

Limbhangers is good for me

Also, I'm happy to be captain as necessary, but just as happy to let someone else to the helm
Old 03-22-2017, 10:07 AM
Spike

Also, Added some points for our team this morning!!! Osceola down on a public romp and stomp, 38 yards, no flopping
Old 03-22-2017, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, thats awesome! Congrats!
Old 03-22-2017, 01:38 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by shemp
Also, Added some points for our team this morning!!! Osceola down on a public romp and stomp, 38 yards, no flopping

CONGRATULATIONS

and how about Team name of Romp & Stomp!
Now there's an unusual name.

JW

Last edited by JW; 03-22-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shemp, I need a picture of you and your bird. I didn't see one on the score post. Okay, I can see the pics now.

Last edited by superstrutter; 03-23-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:25 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by zmax hunter
JW,..you gotta change your avatar....lmao...i lose 5 minutes watching..everytime i see it...watching the dang bird smile and snicker...hahahaha
When I found that GIF I knew it was my life long avatar.
I even sit and watch him smile......thank God for a semi auto shotgun!

Now Team Business
For Captain -shemp has 2 votes mine and jrbsr

For Team Name
There have been several suggestions
We need to pick soon.

AND HOW THIS WILL WORK.
Some of us are more active here and others are not. Even tho they have checked in. They know we are here.
So vote on a name. We don't need a majority.

Last edited by JW; 03-23-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

LOL...I'm fine with Team 2.

Heading to Georgia this weekend, hope to come back with a bird or two and some pictures to post!
Old 03-23-2017, 11:27 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Uncle Nicky
LOL...I'm fine with Team 2.

Heading to Georgia this weekend, hope to come back with a bird or two and some pictures to post!
Team 2 works for me too or some other name.
Good luck in Georgia.
I hunted by Abbeville GA for a few yrs with a guy whom I met here! It was thru this contest we developed a very strong friendship. He always argued his Eastern strain was tougher than the Northern eastern strain. So I came down and whacked my share. Altho dressed in a suit of armor. I hate snakes. He hated snow. And couldn't believe I drive on frozen lakes to fish.

☆R.I.P. Dog1.......I miss you buddy.

So good luck to you Uncle Nicky.... I'll whisper in the old dog's ear and surely he will be there to help. He was a very good turkey hunter.

JW
Old 03-23-2017, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the words of encouragement J.W.

I have a couple buddies that live in Albany, I head down to turkey hunt every year, some years are better than others. I wouldn't say the birds I've hunted down there were particularly tough, IMHO toughest birds are public land Osceolas, followed very closely by PA or NY public land mountain birds. We always squeeze in a hog hunt the last 2 days, I have actually hog hunted in Abbeville, but this year will be hog hunting near Vidalia.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:13 AM
Spike

I've always heard Osceolas are more inclined to come in to you, and Easterns are more inclined to gobble to you but never move.

The only Easterns I've ever hunted are probably Osceola hybrids in North Florida. The onyl other Easterns I've seen much are in western MN in the summer. They are big birds, and don't seem overly shy of people. Probably the difference beteen living on crop farms vs. public swamp / timber / cattle operations. No idea if they'd come to a call well in turkey season, but they still gobble from a 1/2 mile off in June when we're there to fish. Was hoping to go this year; family travel intervened. Maybe next year.

I will say Osceolas def. sneak in on you, often quiet, and do what I call the 'Osceola Circle' to come in behind you. Always a good idea to be back in the woods a bit and if you haven't heard him in a while just yelp once or cut twice and scratch some leaves. BUT, if they're in a pasture, they probably hunt the same as pasture birds anywhere humid and flat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.