Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2015 Turkey Contest
2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers >

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Community

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Old 04-05-2015, 04:03 AM
Spike

swambuster that is good news!!

My two sons took to shooting guns fairly easy.oldest son took to shooting early my dad bought him a bee bee gun when he was 4 years old he started with him just hitting the bottles and cans when he got good at the he would put the bottle cap upside down on the bottle and told he to shot it off without hitting the bottle and at he was a little over 4.5 years old making amazing shots. He is just lights out with any gun we have ever had him shoot, he will get out 200yrds with a rifle and when he shots he will say if the scope is right it is 1" and 1" left I asked him how he knew that and he said that is where I pulled the trigger. He is the best marks man I have ever seen and it is not because he do that but the even longer range shots with his AR15 with out a scope.

My daughter when she was 11 years old it took what seemed like an hour to shot a .30-.30 for the first time and she didn't want to shoot again that day so I didn't push her. Two days later she asked me to take her out shooting, she missed her very first shot at a deer but it didn't run off and the second shot she double lunged it and she has taken 6 deer and has only missed with her first ever shot. I am so proud she enjoys deer hunting but she has no desire to turkey hunt. I hope she take it up soon but I will not force her she is 15 now.

Sorry about the long post but I just a proud dad.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

Hey that's great bigc870, thanks for sharing
Old 04-05-2015, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

Went out listening close to the house this morning and heard one close to some private property that I have permission to hunt. So I know that turkeys are in the area. Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter morning.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

I was asked to check in. Been busy. Had the stomach bug make a run through the house too which was none too pleasant. We open on the 11th. Youth day was this past Saturday. My nephew and I hunted all day in not the best conditions. Came close about 9 am when a tom came and skirted us. Got him to 35 yards or so but he would never stop in a clear opening. The afternoon was basically 5 hrs of sitting with no action. He and I will be hunting together Saturday.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by blackheel
I was asked to check in. Been busy. Had the stomach bug make a run through the house too which was none too pleasant. We open on the 11th. Youth day was this past Saturday. My nephew and I hunted all day in not the best conditions. Came close about 9 am when a tom came and skirted us. Got him to 35 yards or so but he would never stop in a clear opening. The afternoon was basically 5 hrs of sitting with no action. He and I will be hunting together Saturday.
It is good to hear from you blackheel!! I am sorry to hear about you getting a hit from that flew bug.. I know it is a bad one.. I had some small hits from it and someone told me about an over the counted med called cold-eze or something like that.. I went and got some to try and it knocked it away.. It is like a throat lozenger or something that contains zinc in it. It actually worked great for me but does taste all that great..
I am also sorry to hear about the luck you and your nephew had.. But at least you got to see one.. Anyways stop by once and a while the stories helps us that has to wait get the edge on for a bit..
Old 04-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

bigc870 I am glad to hear of your daughter out trying the gun out!! You have to love it when you hear of the kids going out hunting... I hope you both have some luck fall your way.. Keep it safe and enjoy the hunting..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-05-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad to hear that the turkeys are in your area swampbuster!! Hopefully the will reward you when it is time!

I hope everyone has had a great Easter Day !! We had a decent day as well I went and visited my sister who's daughter showed up with her little fella.. I played around with him for a little bit and had a coffee and came back home..

On the way down I saw a nice tom strutting his stuff for some hens.. They were on top of the snow this morning as it has been a cold day up here today.. Where they were was in a no hunting are as the guy does not want anyone to hunt there.. But almost right beside it is a nice hunting area and a line that we can hunt.. So hopefully I will be able to find one in May..

Right now my wife has taken off to pick up my daughter and they are heading to the hospital as she maybe having a baby tonight.. I am not sure though so I will be waiting to see..

I hope everyone has had a nice day today.. Happy Easter everyone!!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-06-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Seven more days and a wakeup till the killing begins.

It is always good to hear the stories about getting those kids out in the outdoors be it just shooting or in the woods. For me its one of the greatest feeling to have a first timer of any age take their first turkey.

Happy Easter
Old 04-06-2015, 03:53 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by camokenny
Seven more days and a wakeup till the killing begins.

It is always good to hear the stories about getting those kids out in the outdoors be it just shooting or in the woods. For me its one of the greatest feeling to have a first timer of any age take their first turkey.

Happy Easter
Where are you starting your season camokenny?
Old 04-06-2015, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Where are you starting your season camokenny?
Here in Iowa, then a quick hunt in neb (one day) last weekend of april I will be in MO then back in iowa for my last tag then back to Neb to finish up there. I am so ready to hit the woods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.