Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2015 Turkey Contest
2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers >

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Old 04-18-2015, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

Really bummed here. With no public draws the rest of the season, I am really limited here in NC on hunting. Really wish I was out today. Will have my one OOS hunt coming up week after next. Thought I was going to get to go to KS the last week of the season but that has now fallen through. For once, I really wish I lived where I go could turkey hunt more conveniently.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by blackheel
Really bummed here. With no public draws the rest of the season, I am really limited here in NC on hunting. Really wish I was out today. Will have my one OOS hunt coming up week after next. Thought I was going to get to go to KS the last week of the season but that has now fallen through. For once, I really wish I lived where I go could turkey hunt more conveniently.
It is good to hear from you balckheel !! I am sorry to hear about your luck on the draws.. I hope you do get a chance to blast a nice one.. But, none the less enjoy your hunt..

It is good to hear from you as well bigc870 !! I also hope you have a great success story to tell us all about.. But, most inportantly enjoy your hunt as well..
Old 04-18-2015, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys, I wasn't able to get a bird this morning, got on the first bird and had someone come in on me this morning. Set up In a spot were I had heard birds and sat down and called every 15min. I could hear another turkey gobbling, so I started to gather my stuff and one shock gobbled at a crow. So I sat back down and called, and he responded. He gobbled again and he was closer. He gobbled again at about a hundred yards, and then someone else came in and started calling he gobbled at them and then he shut up. He gobbled one more time at a crow and he was a good ways away. I really thought I had a good chance at killing the second turkey. I guess that's public land hunting for ya
Old 04-18-2015, 04:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes it is swampbuster.. I was calling a few years ago in an area I knew turkeys were hanging around.. I had set my blind up a few days before hand on a corner where the dirt road left the pipeline for a short distance. I had 3 toms coming out across the pipeline towards me and someone comes along in a pickup truck.. One person gets out and the other keeps going just down below me.. The guy that got out started calling to them so I did.. I had them come into range but did not dare to shoot at them because the other guy was directly across from where the birds were some place.. So I got out of my blind and scared them off as I got out... Some of these guys just do not care at all..
Old 04-18-2015, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

I will be at it again in the morning, Hopefully I will be able to close the deal on a long beard and enjoy a great morning in Gods creation
Old 04-18-2015, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by swampbuster
I will be at it again in the morning, Hopefully I will be able to close the deal on a long beard and enjoy a great morning in Gods creation
Good luck swampbuster.
I stopped hunting on public ground for turkeys except on week days when all the unethical wanna be's are hopefully at work.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Good Luck swampbuster!!

I have not been seeing very many turkeys at all in this area.. The small flocks have been nothing compared to the past few years.. But our snow is still deep in the woods which may also be why? Hopefully they will be showing up soon.. I am going to head out shortly to see if I can find a few..
Old 04-19-2015, 07:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well I went out scouting and never saw half the turkeys I normally see.. But perhaps it is because all the snow we still have in the woods here.. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain hard giving us up to 3 inches.. That should get the snow melting pretty good I am thinking.. Hopefully no major floods or washouts as well. Here is a nice shooter I had come across if a youth does not nail him on youth day that is..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-19-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

Well guys more of the same for me. I heard one turkey gobble twice on the roost, but he was on the other side of the lake. They were tightlipped this morning. It rained last night and this morning.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by camokenny
Good luck swampbuster.
I stopped hunting on public ground for turkeys except on week days when all the unethical wanna be's are hopefully at work.
I surely hope that there is not as many out tomorrow. Some people are hunting out of boats driving into every cove and yelping on a box call. They hear a turkey drive in and start calling. Never stopping to think there might be someone working that turkey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.