Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers >

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Community

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Old 06-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulations fellas!!!
Old 06-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks BDB!!
Old 06-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by BIG DONNIE BRASCO
Congratulations fellas!!!
Thank You BDB.... It has been another fun contest!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Spike

Haven't been around in a while too much work.

We were the winners despite my big goose egg this year.

So congrats to the whole team!!!!!!

Maybe next year I can do better and get on the board. I haven't gone back to back years without bagging at least one, thanks for carrying me this season folks my hat is off to ya!!!! Maybe I can do the same for someone else next year.

I hope every had a safe season that was free of injury of any kind!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 02:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks bigc870,

We had a whole lot of fun this year whether we had won or not.. The main thing you were able to get out there some and hopefully enjoyed your time out there..

We All can have off years and we are aware of that. This year the turkeys were difficult for most all of us. Maybe the crazy weather we all have had? None the less any of us can come up short at any time out hunting those long beards...

Do not worry any about carrying you we are a team and will be at it again come next spring! We hope to hear more from you next year as it is all part of the fun...
Old 06-11-2014, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

Don't worry about it bigc870. We have all been there.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
Thanks bigc870,

We had a whole lot of fun this year whether we had won or not.. The main thing you were able to get out there some and hopefully enjoyed your time out there..

We All can have off years and we are aware of that. This year the turkeys were difficult for most all of us. Maybe the crazy weather we all have had? None the less any of us can come up short at any time out hunting those long beards...

Do not worry any about carrying you we are a team and will be at it again come next spring! We hope to hear more from you next year as it is all part of the fun...

Phil, Don't get me wrong I had one of if not the funnest spring turkey season of my life this year and I didn't even get a chance to take a shot. I had a blast, yes I kicked myself from time to time and had my down moments but they did last long, basically I just keep my head up and keep after 'em and they keep me guessing which is part of the hunt. They just outwitted me this year and I learned a lot from it too.

Next year after the first couple of days and I don't score I am going to try a couple of new places and see how it goes, I can always go back to the other spots if they don't work out.

Ya see I am ready planning next year!!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

I meant nothing wrong with my post bigc870... I know that getting a bird is only a bonus to a great day out there away from it all. Also we all like hearing the stories going with a day's hunting whether successful or not. We can try to offer some ideas and perhaps help others out whether they are wanted or not.. But, by hearing other's stories they could very well help others that are having a hard time as well. We enjoy hearing from everyone..

Enjoying the outdoors and staying safe is what this whole contest is about.. Now that we are the winning team we will all be on the same team again come next spring.. That is the only reward we really get for winning and yes we have a great team this year.

But, I have really not been on a bad team in these contests either as it is purely for the fun of it. I also enjoy stirring things up a little just to get everyone worked up over the hunt.. It has always been the way I enjoy the team participation which is a big part of it to me..
Old 06-14-2014, 10:19 PM
Spike

Phil, I know you didn't mean anything with your post and I didn't take it that way.

I just wanted to let everyone know I had a great year despite not taking a turkey or 2, thats just how it goes sometimes.

I was hunting birds that were extremely call and decoy shy, they would also either fly down off roost for a few hours first thing in the morning then fly back up on roost around 10am or they just weren't flying down off roost until late in the day. I think they where down for a few hours first thing in the morning and then back up on roost. I bumped a lot of birds off roost from 10am until the 1pm cut off.

So I am going to ask what is the best way to hunt educated turkeys that are call and decoy shy? Just set and hope one walks by or stalk at a very slow pace? I don't really have an answer so I might as well ask now to get an idea.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

I would try to watch them from a good distance for a few days and see where they are headed. maybe find a water hole that they are going to mid morning and set up by it and just wait them out. The public I hunted last year they were like that . I ended up taking a nap and waking up to a jake yelping at my decoys but the closest he would get to them was about 60 yards so I set them only a few yards to the side of me and the next day same thing only he was 30 yrds closer to me. This year thanks to the drought I seen turkeys at every water hole I'd pass about mid day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.