Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers >

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Community

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Old 05-10-2014, 01:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

camokenny's turkey!! Congrats again camokenny!!

Your score is 24 + 15 + 15 + 21 = 75

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-10-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am in need of the time shot as well as the state if possible. Thanks Phil

This bird also replaces your bird which brings our team up another 14.25 points. We now have for the best bird per hunter score of 446.19 !! I have no re-done the totals birds again yet.. We still have time to get some more birds.. Good luck everyone out there hunting!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-10-2014 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:13 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats to everyone who has taken a bird the past few days! How are we looking at the standings?
Old 05-10-2014, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes Conrats to everyone that has recently gotten birds!!!

Right now I have not got every thing figure out yet as I have been working nights and trying to hunt during the morning hours. For as far as where it counts being the best bird per hunter we have that still. I hope I can help get it to stay as we will be the winning team!! The over all scores I will check tomorrow when I have more time.. ( no Sunday hunting allowed here.)

I still need info and everything from the other birds that have been shot as well..
Old 05-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

Well my 2014 turkey season is over. The Lord blessed me no doubt. Now I am left with nothing more to hunt until next fall. I feel like I should be outside doing something but there is nothing left to do. It's now open season for my family!
Old 05-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

Shot my bird at 6;10 am in Iowa. Eastern
Old 05-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks camokenny...
Old 05-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bigc870..
and used a small limb to rustle the leaves and he came up to a ditch seen my decoys and just strutted back and forth and would not cross the 6 foot wide water shed. I tried to call at him when he would go behind some thick stuff and he started to leave so I started to make rackit with the leave and he came back to the water shed and would not come in and he just left
When you scratch the leaves do it lightly.. Go with a 1 scrape then 2 slightly quick scrapes. That maybe of help as a turkey scrapes with one foot once and then the other foot twice. That maybe all it takes to convince him to come across? while I can not really say for it will cross the body of water. It would help to attract him to crossing..

Here is a short video off my trail cam this past winter of a hen scratching. It is someplace between the 10 to 15 second mark..

http://s820.photobucket.com/user/Phi...tml?sort=3&o=3

This will show you how a hen will scratch using 1 foot and then the other foot. Try and mimic how the hen does it in this short video.. I hope this will be of help to you..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-10-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

jepcho, When you get a chance post up some info on your bird so we can get it added with the team scores. I will add them all up again tomorrow to see where we stand against the other teams. While I am still guessing team #6 still may be in the lead for overall birds.. I am also thinking we are closing the gap in this area as well.

Keep at em guys I have a good feeling about this years contest!! I am thinking we will all be on the team again together next year!! So hopefully we can keep the momentum going.. Good Luck everyone out hunting..
Old 05-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck to every one! All I can do is cheer you on at this point. Hopefully we will all be on the same team next year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.