Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers >

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Community

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Old 04-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Will get to hunt some more the end of the week. My nephew and I have a 3 day drawing hunt that we'll hunt some of. I had said I would not hunt this weekend and the weather has been horrible so that made the sting less.

I have 1 more NC tag and a couple of out of state tags that I hope to fill end of April/beginning of May.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck to you and your nephew blackheel hopefully y'all would be able to double up on some birds.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Good luck to you and your nephew blackheel hopefully y'all would be able to double up on some birds.
I hope you do as well blackheel!

I hope everyone has some success to share with us.. Even if you do not have any success come in and pull up a chair and lend an ear we are all interested in how the turkeys are acting. We are all in this together and would really like to hear from everyone.. Now if anyone gets fortunate enough to blast another bird!! That will put even more pressure on me to get it done.. Beleive me I will be wanting to add to the team score as well.

Ok guys I am getting itchy fingered now!! Exactly 1 week from today and my turn comes up!! I can hardly wait for that special moment to be out in the turkey woods trying to call one in. I have opening week off for a vacation and will be hunting hard! I am planning on scouting tomorrow morning and taking my blind up to where I plan on hunting for that longbeard.. I will be only dropping my blind off and not setting it up until I am ready to start hunting.. After all I do not want to have another bear find it's way into it if I can help it any..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-22-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

Well I gave in a shot a jake this weekend. 3 came in and was tearing up my new decoys lol. One had a double 5 inch beards but I let it walk hoping to get a shot next year. The one I took was 14 lbs 4.5 inch beard and 1/2 inch spurs for a score of 33. I'll try to get pics up maybe later today
Old 04-21-2014, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

I did find a little time to run 3 hours to Miami, OK for a little spoonbill snaggin. They weren't runing either but I'll try to get a pic up of the little male I snagged
Old 04-21-2014, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats kellyguinn sounds like a great hunt and encounter!!
Old 04-21-2014, 08:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats kellyquinn! That still will count and if you happen to get a bigger one along the line it will replace it.. But, it will still go with the number of birds taken either way.. That makes it a win/ win situation.. Congrats again..

How is everyone else doing out there??
Old 04-21-2014, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

Plan on going back out tomorrow. It is suppose to rain and storm tonight but clear off in the morning and the lows will be mid to high50s. Don't know how the turkeys will respond, but you can't kill them at work.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck!! Up here I normally see turkeys coming out during and right after a rain.. So hopefull with some luck they will come around...
Old 04-22-2014, 02:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Kellyquinn if you can get some pictures up and a little info like the state it was shot in the day and time as well as weapon of choice I can get that turkey posted up for us..

I decided to take a drive this morning and take my blind up with me to stash in the woods near the area I will be hunting in.. I can hardly wait now for the 6 more days to get here.. It has been a long wait for me as well as others that are still waiting for their turn to give them a try.. I will let you know if any signs of them are there.. Good luck everyone that is out hunting right now!!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-22-2014 at 04:14 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.