Community

Returning Champs - Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 10-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mottz
Had a really cool morning. 1/2 hour before shooting time. Heard a noise close and looked down and didn't see anything. Turned my head just a little and out of the corner of my eye I see a silhouette of a deer. Tried focusing and all I could see was a white glow. And no it wasn't a piebald. Kind of like my eyes were thermal image or I was just picking up uv rays off of it or something. Couldn't tell if it was a buck or doe but it was standing right where I walked in and about 5 yards from my stand. Then heard what sounded like 5-10 coyotes sounding off just across the creek. That was neat to hear especially since I was in the stand already Then I heard a big crash on the creek. It instantly turned into one heckuva a fight between something. I'd guess badgers or something but I again, was glad I was already in the stand cause I wouldn't of wanted to be in the middle of that fight. About sunrise had some turkeys pitch down real close to me and when they made their appearance, there were 5 ground touching longbeards and 4 jakes with about 4" beards. All at once they turned and were staring my direction. Now I know I was not moving because I was relaxed and I knew I wasn't going to shoot. All at once there is a raccoon that comes into view 10 yards from me and he stands up and stares down the turkeys. Turkeys get a little agitated and start putting around which scares off the raccoon. Kind of chuckling about it just as 2 does go walking right in front of me about 15-20 yards. Never even knew they were coming. And a doe is what I was after. All I can do about it is laugh and chalk it up as one of my most interesting unsuccessful hunts.
It really is amazing how quite they can be. Stay after it.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Just got back from another great weekend on the prairie. Seen several small bucks and well over 50 deer total! Took my girlfriend out yesterday for her first hunt and she took this fork horn on her first sit with a crossbow. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can get it done too. ;-)
Old 10-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

She took this fork horn? Lets see the pic! LOL Tell her congrats and great job on getting her out there!
Old 10-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Can't get it to load up dang it.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Just got home to the computer. It wouldn't let me upload it from the phone for some reason.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's the look of "I'm addicted" to deer hunting. Tell her Great Job for me!!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Do these doe look black to you guys? What could this be?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Returning Champs - Team Pass Thru - #7-wgi_0057.jpg   Returning Champs - Team Pass Thru - #7-wgi_0051.jpg  
Old 10-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

Kinda looks they are just shedding their summer coat maybe? Not to sure, but they definitely look dark
Old 10-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Kelly congrats to the gf on her harvest. Now that she has proven herself a killer, ya might have to marry her, otherwise you might end up as a trophy on her wall. lol Congrats again.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Kelly,
Looks like ya got a keeper there! Now learn from the rest of us...no funny business around Valentines day! (makes for hunting season birthday parties!).
Congrats to the GF on a good guide and deer!

-Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.