Returning Champs - Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 10-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Doe Down

I shot a decent size doe tonight. Shot her at 6 yards a little high but it got the job done. I'm happy I got one on the ground and now I can start hunting hard.
Attached Thumbnails Returning Champs - Team Pass Thru - #7-2013-doe.jpg  
Old 10-12-2013, 03:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RisnerPSE
I shot a decent size doe tonight. Shot her at 6 yards a little high but it got the job done. I'm happy I got one on the ground and now I can start hunting hard.
Awesome! Those "in close" shots are tough when you are shooting straight down! Glad you got her down and had an easy track!
Old 10-12-2013, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sdhunter11
Well I am back early from the antelope hunt. My dad and I both got our bucks yesterday!! It was a good thing because some nasty weather set in today. Here is the pics.

Way to go! Where's all that snow from the storm? Also, you should stick the toungues back in when you take your pics. Just looks kinda silly with them hanging out! Awesome shot placement! What did you shoot him with?

...and of course the best part of this hunt is making memories with your dad. There are a lot of people who would pay anything to get that opportunity. Nice job man!
Old 10-12-2013, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright, another deer down! Great job risner!!!!
Old 10-12-2013, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

The snow was pretty much all melted off when we got there. Most of the snow was around bison,sd which is an hour and a half east of where we were hunting. When we got to bison the snow in the ditches was level with the highway.

Dad took his with a 22-250 at about 300 yrds. he trotted ten yards and tipped over. Curiosity Killed mine. He was bedded down at the bottom of a long hill. I came around the back side of the hill and he stood up and looked right at me then he got curious. He walked up to the very top of the hill to my left to get a better look at me and never took his eyes off of me. The shot was about 120 yards with my 7mm rem. mag. I don't think he even heard the shot, he crumbled as soon as I touched the trigger.

Last edited by sdhunter11; 10-12-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

I didn't even pay attention when I was taking the pics lol. I didn't even notice the tongues until I got home and loaded the pics up on the computer. Then I thought o $hit. Caught up in the moment I guess lol.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

Well I finally got the doe skinned and in the freezer last night. I think inner loins on the grill sounds good for dinner tonight.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Ryan, great doe & another 25 points added to our scorecard.

And congrats to Marty & your dad, great harvests.

Well done gentlemen, keep up the good work.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a really cool morning. 1/2 hour before shooting time. Heard a noise close and looked down and didn't see anything. Turned my head just a little and out of the corner of my eye I see a silhouette of a deer. Tried focusing and all I could see was a white glow. And no it wasn't a piebald. Kind of like my eyes were thermal image or I was just picking up uv rays off of it or something. Couldn't tell if it was a buck or doe but it was standing right where I walked in and about 5 yards from my stand. Then heard what sounded like 5-10 coyotes sounding off just across the creek. That was neat to hear especially since I was in the stand already Then I heard a big crash on the creek. It instantly turned into one heckuva a fight between something. I'd guess badgers or something but I again, was glad I was already in the stand cause I wouldn't of wanted to be in the middle of that fight. About sunrise had some turkeys pitch down real close to me and when they made their appearance, there were 5 ground touching longbeards and 4 jakes with about 4" beards. All at once they turned and were staring my direction. Now I know I was not moving because I was relaxed and I knew I wasn't going to shoot. All at once there is a raccoon that comes into view 10 yards from me and he stands up and stares down the turkeys. Turkeys get a little agitated and start putting around which scares off the raccoon. Kind of chuckling about it just as 2 does go walking right in front of me about 15-20 yards. Never even knew they were coming. And a doe is what I was after. All I can do about it is laugh and chalk it up as one of my most interesting unsuccessful hunts.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mottz
Had a really cool morning. 1/2 hour before shooting time. Heard a noise close and looked down and didn't see anything. Turned my head just a little and out of the corner of my eye I see a silhouette of a deer. Tried focusing and all I could see was a white glow. And no it wasn't a piebald. Kind of like my eyes were thermal image or I was just picking up uv rays off of it or something. Couldn't tell if it was a buck or doe but it was standing right where I walked in and about 5 yards from my stand. Then heard what sounded like 5-10 coyotes sounding off just across the creek. That was neat to hear especially since I was in the stand already Then I heard a big crash on the creek. It instantly turned into one heckuva a fight between something. I'd guess badgers or something but I again, was glad I was already in the stand cause I wouldn't of wanted to be in the middle of that fight. About sunrise had some turkeys pitch down real close to me and when they made their appearance, there were 5 ground touching longbeards and 4 jakes with about 4" beards. All at once they turned and were staring my direction. Now I know I was not moving because I was relaxed and I knew I wasn't going to shoot. All at once there is a raccoon that comes into view 10 yards from me and he stands up and stares down the turkeys. Turkeys get a little agitated and start putting around which scares off the raccoon. Kind of chuckling about it just as 2 does go walking right in front of me about 15-20 yards. Never even knew they were coming. And a doe is what I was after. All I can do about it is laugh and chalk it up as one of my most interesting unsuccessful hunts.
Sounds like a great morning. I wish they were all that entertaining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.