Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest
**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3 >

**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3

Community

**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3

Old 09-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

MJ,
Mr. G5 would have me wetting my pants.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

Guys, and Jenna, of course.
Fieldmouse is asking the captains to vote on the 'doe' points this year. This is for the captains to vote on and I mistakenly replied way too fast without discussing this with my wonderful team SO, I can change my vote if need to - no prob.
Here is his message that he sent along with my reply:

Fieldmouse:
Guys,

I was against letting them count because in the long run, I believe it will all end in a wash meaning the same number of Does will be entered for each team. However, after thinking about it and reading some replies, I'm all for it because I feel it will keep member involvement throughout the season.

We historically have seen a decrease in activity as members decide they can't help out with a buck. By allowing Does to count, I feel it will give folks more reason to check back in and stay up on everything.

I'm not voting, I leave it up to you guys to vote up or down. Whether or not you say yea or nay, please pick a value. 20 points sounded good enough to me. Maybe 25 or whatever. If you guys move forward with this, I will pick the most popular amount of do an average it and round to the nearest easy number for me to add to the team score.

KCMO reply:
Up for possible discussion:
At first I didn't really have an opinion one way or the other, but I see your point and it makes good sense, so I will vote for it. But to make it more interesting...
How about a 'Earn a Buck' incentive? 75 pts for a doe shot before your buck, and 40 points if your first doe is shot after your buck. Discussion? I think a doe is worth a little recognition!

So, I apologize for my error. If anyone would like for our team to vote against the extra points please speak up. I think our team is good with or without 'doe' points.

Last edited by KCMO Cityboy; 09-11-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for being up front with the team.im for the points. thanks captain
Old 09-12-2012, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm up for anything. Scoring a doe sounds fine to me.

(although I likely won't be able to contribute to the team with a doe. I have a hard time shooting a doe, I always think a buck might be around the corner...haha)
Old 09-12-2012, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

I'd be up for doe points but only one being able to be checked in (where I am in MD it's unlimited doe's with the bow). I'd say 25 pts for 1 doe whenever it is killed
Old 09-13-2012, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like doe points will count this year, yes, only one doe per contestant. Fieldmouse will let us all know how many points will be given per doe after he returns back from a trip that he is currently on.
I will leave tomorrow afternoon for the opening weekend here in Missouri. Looking forward to it.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck KCMO. Hope you have some opening weekend luck.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Opening day is Monday here. I'm gonna hunt Monday and get a look. Ill probably look to shoot some does early.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Just got setup. Pretty hood spot here. Little 20 acre spot of beans tucked in behind the farmers house. They feel real safe here. We'll see how it goes.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

I hope BetterBird has a better day than I did. Man, it was pretty quiet. So I came home empty handed this time. First thing Saturday morning I had a couple of small doe in the field in front of me. Then had a really nice mature doe about 6 yds under my stand. Easy pluckins, but my video camera (mounting arm) wasn't working so I decided to wait and just film her by hand. That evening I sat in another stand (why do they call it a stand if you are sitting on it?) close to a bean field. Nothing there. The night before I had glassed that field from the highway and had several doe and a nice buck come in. So, go figure.
Sunday morning was a short hunt and had 3 does come in as a group but I moved too much and was busted when reaching for my bow. Then Sunday night didn't see a darn thing. The mosquitos were absolutely horrible!
The last buck caught on game cameras during the day was taken on Sept 13 and the velvet was freshly shed so I'm guessing they have already started to change their patterns.
EHD is taking a big hit in Missouri this year. The person running the RV park where we stay said someone reported 4 dead deer within the past week. We didn't have time to walk the entire creek on this property, but fortunately didn't smell death. Hope everyone else is gearing up and ready for action.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.