HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - **Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 09:48 AM
KCMO Cityboy
Fork Horn

Guys, and Jenna, of course.
Fieldmouse is asking the captains to vote on the 'doe' points this year. This is for the captains to vote on and I mistakenly replied way too fast without discussing this with my wonderful team SO, I can change my vote if need to - no prob.
Here is his message that he sent along with my reply:

Fieldmouse:
Guys,

I was against letting them count because in the long run, I believe it will all end in a wash meaning the same number of Does will be entered for each team. However, after thinking about it and reading some replies, I'm all for it because I feel it will keep member involvement throughout the season.

We historically have seen a decrease in activity as members decide they can't help out with a buck. By allowing Does to count, I feel it will give folks more reason to check back in and stay up on everything.

I'm not voting, I leave it up to you guys to vote up or down. Whether or not you say yea or nay, please pick a value. 20 points sounded good enough to me. Maybe 25 or whatever. If you guys move forward with this, I will pick the most popular amount of do an average it and round to the nearest easy number for me to add to the team score.

KCMO reply:
Up for possible discussion:
At first I didn't really have an opinion one way or the other, but I see your point and it makes good sense, so I will vote for it. But to make it more interesting...
How about a 'Earn a Buck' incentive? 75 pts for a doe shot before your buck, and 40 points if your first doe is shot after your buck. Discussion? I think a doe is worth a little recognition!

So, I apologize for my error. If anyone would like for our team to vote against the extra points please speak up. I think our team is good with or without 'doe' points.

Last edited by KCMO Cityboy; 09-11-2012 at 11:06 AM.