Community
View Poll Results: Doe harvests accepted?
yes
85.71%
no
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 10-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Greetings friends! Just Jesse checking back in once again. Got some time to hit the woods up here this weekend. Bucks are just starting to chase and pester the does over by me. Didnt get any shots at anythign resepctable as of yet. Gotta go out to Vermont on Tuesday for work for a few days but i will be back the end of the weekend and will be off for 9 days. Rut will be in full swing by then and I cant wait. Now the bad news.... the neighbor got the halo buck last night. 22" inside spread 8 pointer that right now grosses in the low 160's!!! Unreal. I was really happy for him, first bow buck. Not too shabby!!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Took my neighbor for his 1st actual hunt. He seen does last week and got excited. I told him just wait until you can shoot. Well, he shot today. Under a big doe. He said he was shaking soooo bad that he couldn't think He was mad at himself but I explained to him some pointers that may help him next time. I just told him its a good thing it wasn't a buck.

And for me, I sat in stand that I didn't really want to because the wind was terrible. But I wanted to try my decoy and I hoped for the best. Right at shooting time I had 4 does come out investigating the decoy. I wasn't going to shoot a doe but I figured that was some good live bait out there. Just a few minutes later I caught a glimpse of a buck going the other direction. After that a deer must have caught wind of me, sounded the alarm and the fields cleared out. So I ended up ditching the decoy in the weeds for next week.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't posted any pics on here for awhile so I thought I'd show a few from this week.

Cool little rack

Old 10-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not the biggest rack but this guy is a horse! I want him!!

Wouldn't mind a shot at this youngster.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Well I dropped an 8 pt friday am. He's nothing huge but will prob score us 90 or so pts. I'll get him entered tomorrow when I can upload pics.

-Jason

Last edited by Outdoorcountry; 10-28-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet Jason!! If you are happy with your harvest then we are happy for ya! Got a story behind your success?

Last edited by Mottz; 10-28-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Outdoorcountry
Well I dropped an 8 pt friday am. He's nothing huge but will prob score us 90 or so pts. I'll get him entered tomorrow when I can upload pics.

-Justin
Nice work Justin, congrats!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys....was talking to my cousin Justin when I posted that and signed it "Justin" by mistake! I fixed it
Old 10-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like everyone had a pretty good weekend. Congrats on the buck Jason, way to go!

Went out Sunday & got a big mature doe in the morning. We drug her out, field dressed her & had her hung up & I was back in the woods in a different set by noon. Sat & enjoyed the peace & quiet until around 5pm when the second biggest deer Ive ever seen walked in at 50 yrds or so. We've been watching this monster grow for at least 4 years now, but have never been closer than 100 yrds of him, though we've got several sets thoughout his usual haunts. He's the most elusive deer Ive ever hunted. He's a giant 5x5 with 4 stickers & a massive drop tine under his G2. I bet he weighs 300lbs easy & is at least 6 years old, probably older. For the last couple years Ive had him on my list of dream deer to kill, but Ive never been close enough to even consider shooting him. And then having him that close to me last night, I was shaking like a sapling in a hurricane. I watched him for over an hour at 50-60 yards & was on point the whole time, but he never came in to me, nor did he ever act like he knew I was there. All in all it was my favorite hunt to date. He had me jacked up. Now I just have to put an arrow through him. 8)
Old 10-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear about the Halo buck Jesse. We were rootin for ya man.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.