Community
View Poll Results: Doe harvests accepted?
yes
85.71%
no
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 09-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

some damn nice pics jesse, id like to see your bowtech laying across his chest for a photo.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

So to keep with pace, lets hear about our individual hunting properties.
I'm hunting Mason county Illinois. My hunting parcel is 450 acres of high ridges, deep draws & its covered in briar thickets & mature white oaks. Its 425 acres of timber in a sea of beans & corn with a small pasture in the wood lot.. Its holding more deer than we can hunt, so we have set to shooting alot of does & cull bucks while waiting for the old slammer bucks to slip up & walk into a trimmed lane. The acorns here fall the size of golf balls. The property has two spring fed creeks running the length of the property & an inactive cattle pond just inside the tree line bordering an abandoned pasture. This place is buck heaven & I only share it with 3 other bowhunters. We haven't hunted it with firearm for 4 years now. We've put in around 12 sets now & we've been trying to not all hunt the same times & we try not to sit the same set twice in a row. Its going to be a great season I do believe.

So what about the rest of ya?

Last edited by On_Point; 09-04-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

my hunting area is pobably about 4-4.5 square miles. 75% of it is cattle pasture with rolling hills and draws all connecting to a spring fed creek covered in plum bushes at the bottom of the big valley. there is about 28 oak tree draws that also have alot of brush leading up the hills from the creek. most of the draws lead up to flat plains with a mixture of wheat, sunflower, and corn fields that is also part of my area. I bow hunt and rifle hunt the property. I am the only one that bowhunts this land but everybody and their dog rifle hunts it, so it is usually pretty damn good in the early season and alot of chaos in the late season. Take the good with the bad i guess.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

Well, ya better bust a biggin before the cavalry shows up for firearm season then. And your hunting grounds sound mighty fine also.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

yup that is why i have been putting in more bino time than trail cam time. it seems to work better that way. If you ever want to swap grounds jason let me know lol.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

Umm no! Lol... I moved to Illinois from Ky for one reason, Illinois Whitetail. Though I don't doubt South Dakota isn't amazing, it just isnt Illinois. Lol
Old 09-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

thats definately the truth, I think eastern sd has bigger bucks than western sd. The best part about western south dakota is i can hunt antelope, mule deer, whitetails, turkeys, sharptail grouse, and pheasants within 10 minutes of the house lol. I like variety packs.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

Well, anytime you decide to come hunt Illinois, let me know & I'll be sure to trim a set out for ya. Ill also have the Mrs set an extra spot at the dinner table for ya. 8)
Old 09-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Typical Buck

as long as you stay under hadley creek prices lmao.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

Lol, I only want one arm, not an arm & a leg both. And they can probably promise you a shooter. I can only promise a long drive home. Lol

Last edited by On_Point; 09-04-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.