Community
View Poll Results: Doe harvests accepted?
yes
85.71%
no
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 09-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

thats sick on point, unfortunately my camera batteries died and i only got a pic of a small doe but i put the other cam up in some thick stuff so hopefully i can get some antlers in the pictures put some apples and corn out infront of both cams so i should have something to look at next week when i check em.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bowman4440
thats sick on point, unfortunately my camera batteries died and i only got a pic of a small doe but i put the other cam up in some thick stuff so hopefully i can get some antlers in the pictures put some apples and corn out infront of both cams so i should have something to look at next week when i check em.
That sucks about the batteries. I was hoping to see some antler from ya tonight. Oh well. And I don't know if ya know this tip, but if your gonna bait with apples, let em rot before putting em out. Deer love em some mushy old rotten apples. Plus it's alot more aeromatic than fresh crisp apples & the smell will draw em in from all over.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by On_Point
I'm trying to count that bucks points but it's hard to tell with the different kickers. How many points does he have?
he's a 5x5 with a small kicker off his right side g2.

well this evening didnt go so well, only seen 2 does and the trail cam didnt have any good stories to tell either, just some mule deer and whitetail does and very small bucks. I did notice a big change though, it is raining acorns in the draws, so maybe that is the reason.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sdhunter11
he's a 5x5 with a small kicker off his right side g2.
One word, "SWEEEEEET!!!". 8)
Old 09-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sdhunter11

well this evening didnt go so well, only seen 2 does and the trail cam didnt have any good stories to tell either, just some mule deer and whitetail does and very small bucks. I did notice a big change though, it is raining acorns in the draws, so maybe that is the reason.
Are the acorns falling early there or do they always fall in Sept.? We don't usually have em drop so soon here, but I've already noticed em falling too.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Hey guys great to be here. Mottz hopefully we can have another successful season if nothing else making new friends on here. and putting a little more venison in the freezer.

SD things are about the same but its looking up in several areas. I'm just glad the season is about start here to occupy my mind again.

The deer here seem to be more active than usual. Still in a little drought as most of us are. I haven't had a chance to get out to where I hunt since its about a 3 hour drive but they have had quite a bit more rain there than last year so the deer should be a lot healthier. It will still be a challenge as always but I wouldn't want it to be easy.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by On_Point
Are the acorns falling early there or do they always fall in Sept.? We don't usually have em drop so soon here, but I've already noticed em falling too.

The acorns usually dont drop until about the last week in september, but it has been so dry around here that the leaves have already been turning this past week.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:53 AM
Typical Buck

I know deer love white oak acorns but in my area i have bur oak acorns. I wonder if deer like them to or if they are too bitter?
Old 09-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Typical Buck

Acorns are starting to fall here in NJ doesn't seem to be to many yet, last year you could hardly walk the woods roads without rolling your ankle on acorns. But the deer are deffinately rummaging around they already have the best crop trees tore up. I hate using apples as bait they give the deer the runs and attract flies. Nothing worse than climbing down your tree sticks only to put your hand in some nice runny deer poop from your boots
Old 09-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

just remembered that i have a stand hung in another piece of woods not to far from the house that a buddy and i have hunted since we were 12 so hopefully with the use of his quad we can go in there and check it out and either pull my stand or trim up some lanes and maybe drop some bait. I really need to get a mountain bike or better yet a quad walking sucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.