Community
View Poll Results: Doe harvests accepted?
yes
85.71%
no
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 11-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

Great buck & quality time spent with dad, AWESOME!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Spike

I'm headed out to Ohio this weekend to do some scouting.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

Hows everyone doing, Yall still hunting hard?
Ive been afield for the last 7 days straight & have 4 more to go & its taking a toll on me. Ive really been hunting hard to get one of our two shooters down & the rut is still on here in central Illinois, so Im not about to give up yet. Its just a matter of time till one of them end up in bow range.

Lets get an update from everyone if ya dont mind. Anyways, good luck yall.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

Im on call this week and the wife has to work this weekend and i have to work the next weekend. Thinking about taking a couple days off work next week to hunt, then i get to hunt the weekend of the 15th, and that is going to pretty much be my last hoorah for the 2012 archery season
Old 11-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by On_Point
Hows everyone doing, Yall still hunting hard?
Ive been afield for the last 7 days straight & have 4 more to go & its taking a toll on me. Ive really been hunting hard to get one of our two shooters down & the rut is still on here in central Illinois, so Im not about to give up yet. Its just a matter of time till one of them end up in bow range.

Lets get an update from everyone if ya dont mind. Anyways, good luck yall.
I just realized that Illinois' 2nd firearm season runs Nov.29th-Dec 2nd, so I guess I wont be bowhunting this weekend, but Ill be doe hunting with my Charles Daly for sure. Ill be back after the bucks again next monday.

Marty, keep at it bud. Its not over yet!
Old 11-28-2012, 02:51 AM
Fork Horn

Shotgun season opened here in the Fingerlakes Region on the 17th so I put a few more Doe in the freezer. Thompkins County (About 45 south of me) has an overpopulation of Doe, so I signed up for a special 3 week season in January. You print your own tags and can take 2 deer a day. Should be a good time! I'm probably going to hunt the bow-only areas in the state parks...just love the sound that arrow makes when it blows through the rib cage!
Finish strong fellas! Wash that gear in scent free soap, hang it outside, hunt a new spot, and sneak in downwind. Hunt those feeding patterns...He's out there waiting for your arrow! A good friend of mine shot the biggest buck of his life on the last day of season.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

All good here... Plugged 2 does for gun season. Let all the bucks pass, didnt want to be greedy. Gotta leave some quality for next season. Late season bow season is going now. I'm not gonna hunt unless we get close point-wise and I can try to get a doe for us. Good luck to everyone else regardless...
Old 11-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

All points help so get out there and shoot some more does I have all of December yet so I'm hoping I can get some antlers in my hands before the end.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

Here in Illinois we have unlimited doe tag privlages & bow season doesnt end till Jan. 20th. I also still have 2 buck tags & loads of wall & freezer space, so Ill be hunting till the very last day.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm at a loss???? All my deer are gone. Been 2 sittings now and no sightings at all. My cams showed 1 basket rack and a few does. I hope we get a good cold front because this 60 degree weather in Dec is throwing us a curveball.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.