Community

Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in

Old 10-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=snapper1982;3989578]no that is a solid plan but i would recommend taking more than the 4-6 does. how many acres total(including your neighbors) will be in the over all growing area? what is your deer density?[/QUOTE

with my neighbors land it brings us to around 300 (they have 200 more acres a few miles down the road as well but i don't include that). I am not actually sure of the deer density yet. I have not had a chance to really hang cameras and conduct a true test. I say 4-6 does because I only have 3 tags a year 1 buck and 2 doe. and if i can get them to kill 2 does per hunter that brings us to 6 a year. these are things my neighbor and I will have to sort out.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Banned

i thought you all are allowed to kill 2 bucks.

if the herd is way off on buck to doe ratio then only killing 3 does will take along time to bring it in order.

i say 3 does because if you all kill 2 does to equal 6 but then you kill a buck each(3) then you have in fact only eliminated 3 extra does not 6.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Banned

the guy we hunt with in south east Il. does a doe hunt. he will get a few of his buddies together toward the end of season and go there and they kill as many does as they can. that might be something to concider.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

yeah that is something to think about. I believe in IN you can only kill 1 buck. In IL I can kill 2 bucks. I am kind of handcuffed because the tag bundle I purchase for Indiana already costs $295 so I really can't afford to purchase more tags.

I still have some planning and research to do. I may have to look into a doe hunt I bet the 2 guys we let hunt the land have buddies who would kill some does.

I have to work this weekend but if the rain holds off on sunday I may be able to get out once.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a well thought out plan. Good luck with it.

-john
Old 10-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you know I am still out here. I read postings almost everyday but I have nothing to add. I have not been in the woods yet, my fall has been hectic. However I have the first full week of november off and a lot of other days in novemeber and december to get it done. Just wanted to let you guys know that I did not flake out on you. Have fun out there and be safe.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by henson59
yeah that is something to think about. I believe in IN you can only kill 1 buck. In IL I can kill 2 bucks. I am kind of handcuffed because the tag bundle I purchase for Indiana already costs $295 so I really can't afford to purchase more tags.

I still have some planning and research to do. I may have to look into a doe hunt I bet the 2 guys we let hunt the land have buddies who would kill some does.

I have to work this weekend but if the rain holds off on sunday I may be able to get out once.
totally forgot we were discussing indianna and not Il. sorry bud.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Got out This Morning
Quiet morning till I rattled at 7:30 and with in a few minutes I see antler coming down the trail. Stood, grabbed the bow and then he showed himself. Turned out to be a 120 4x4, let him walk. Was cool because he walked completly around the little parcel of bush I'm in and scent checked all around it too. Thought he'd made me when he went down wind, but the ole scent - loc still works . Be back out tomorrow night. Good luck guys
Rocky
Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

Did anybody get out this weekend? I was on call for work and had to go in both days so no hunting for me.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

i had this guy at 15 steps on sat the 6th of oct.... couldnt get a shot.... seeing alot of deer so hopefully just a matter of time... good luck... and congrats to everyone thats scored
Attached Thumbnails Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in-pict0027.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.