Community

Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in

Old 09-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by UFunny2
Yes for doe harvest

Found out today I was drawn for a 4 week permit to hunt a Natl Wildlife refuge! It's been a few years since the last time I was picked. This particular parcel is between a golf course and an upscale subdivision. Oh...and it's loaded with deer and a few bruisers! Only opens for 2 two week seasons (I was picked for both seasons), rest of the year it's closed to everyone.
good luck buddy. allowed to use trail cams? use them the whole time you hunt so you have eyes everywhere and can adjust fast.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Banned

anyone working on an avatar for our team?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Ok we have a majority vote. Chasin' Tail is in favor of earning points for a doe entry.

I will keep you guys updated on the status of the rule change.

As far as the Avatar goes. Anybody can submit an avatar for team use. I will see what I can come up with as well.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

I have only had it out for a short time but so far I am impressed. I don't know the normal price but it was on sale for $99. I used some of my Cabela points so it was free for me.

-john
Old 09-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Work was slow this morning so I was messing around and came up with this. Let me know if you guys want to use it or not.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

If we do use it I have the image saved on my profile under my trail cam pics album.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Neat avatar. I haven't gotten a chance to mess with one yet here. If Henson's is decided on that's cool by me
Old 09-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

I think that would work well. Henson you are more dedicated at work than I am...all I have done is look over trail cam pictures, over and over again.......

-john
Old 09-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

I havn't done a single thing today but look for a good website for topo & arial maps of my property in Indiana and price more trail cams. I recieved the new sportsmans guide in the mail this morning so my credit card has been hard at work!

Sounds like the Doe rule is gonna pass, not sure on point value yet.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by youngfart
ufunnyto
What are the dates it's open for? Good luck and also how many tags are alotted for each draw on how many acres too. Just curious on your odds!
Rocky
Season I is Oct 6 -19, season II is Oct 20 - Nov 2. The tract is just under 160 acres and 6 permits were given for each season. I was drawn for both and my son was drawn for both too. Good pre-rut action usually happens around Halloween

http://www.fws.gov/northeast/rappaha...p%20Thomas.pdf

The field left of the property us usually corn or soybean, not sure what it is this year. Can't scout until the 21st. I found half a shed in there one year that had a 28" main beam and a 13" G2 that had an edge down its length like a knife blade. If I can find it, I'll post a pic... Great idea bout the trail cams, I'll give it a try. I'm really psyc'd about getting back to that area, last time I was there a nice 9pt busted me reaching for my bow...not gonna happen again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.