Old 10-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Ufunnyto
Congrats on your doe and getting us on the board
Rocky
Old 10-18-2012, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

Ron thats a nice looking buck! How old do you think he is? I think he looks fairly mature
Old 10-18-2012, 06:50 AM
Banned

he is a 4.5 year old. we try not to shoot them until they are 5 or older. a very nice deer no doubt but a deer i hope to live another year.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

Am I the only meat hunter on this team? I thought by now almost everyone would have harvested a doe for the freezer. I killed my second doe yesterday, after passing up a young 7 point. First week of the season I was seeing lots of bucks together, this past week I noticed they're traveling solo. After 8 outings, I have had 31 deer under 20 yards. Seeing many and having a blast!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Banned

nother new buck

Old 10-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by UFunny2
Am I the only meat hunter on this team? I thought by now almost everyone would have harvested a doe for the freezer. I killed my second doe yesterday, after passing up a young 7 point. First week of the season I was seeing lots of bucks together, this past week I noticed they're traveling solo. After 8 outings, I have had 31 deer under 20 yards. Seeing many and having a blast!!!

i have passed many many many deer. i wait til i feel like shooting a doe to kill one. i am not on any time schedule to kill one. congrats on yours.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

ufunnyto
Hey I have been a meat hunter the last 7 years,I haven't had a doe except one with twin fawns early in September. I let her walk but on Saturday morning she walked past at 60 yards and I would have shot her if the opertunity would have presented her. I used to be a Bigbuck hunter for about 10 years ,got them and then I had family and then they too needed meat. I went 5 years with out shooting a 170 or less buck. That was my standard, still haven't broke the 200 inch mark but am confident it'll happen one day.Till then I'll keep arrowing anything better than 130, which is almost every third deer up here . I try to take 2 does ,2 bucks and a moose a season. Moose is almost a no go now unless he walks by my stand as there rutt finished last week. Best of luck on the rest of your season .
Rocky
Old 10-22-2012, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Above all I am a meat eater. Including this weekend I have only had a shot at 3 deer and they were triplets and still had some spots.

I have seen several deer its just none have come into bow range. If I had my savage 220 in my hand I would have already killed out. The main issue I am having right now besides a crazy work and home schedule is that my main bow hunting spot still has a bunch of corn standing within 300 yards of it. This weekend I watched 2 big bucks just walk along the edge of the corn for about 45 minutes. We've been having decent rain so its slowing harvest. I am taking a trip down to southern IL this coming weekend for a 3 day hunt. I should hopefully come back with at least a doe.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

Been the worse hunting season of my life so far. 90% of the time we have a wind out of the south so most of my stuff is setup with that in mind. This season almost every time I have been at the lease we have had winds out of the north. I had been on the lease the weekend of 10/13. We had north winds. Since then we have had nothing but south winds.....I was planning on hunting again the weekend of 10/27...guess what...40% chance of rain and f'ing north winds again......LOL. I just can't catch a break.

-john
Old 10-24-2012, 06:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TX_Hoghunter
Been the worse hunting season of my life so far. 90% of the time we have a wind out of the south so most of my stuff is setup with that in mind. This season almost every time I have been at the lease we have had winds out of the north. I had been on the lease the weekend of 10/13. We had north winds. Since then we have had nothing but south winds.....I was planning on hunting again the weekend of 10/27...guess what...40% chance of rain and f'ing north winds again......LOL. I just can't catch a break.

-john
wher i hunt we get norh west wind a lot but for the last 2 weeks we have been a suth win and it sucks but lucky fr me i can hunt a few of my stands with soth wnds pls i haveset up a cuple extras for it. tell ya what. i will send you th south inds if yu send me those oth winds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.