Team #9 The Backstrap Aassassins

Old 10-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Bartender

I've been hunting hard but it sure has been slow the last few sits. I will be back at it monday afternoon to get a doe I hope. Stay after it gents!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I snuck out Saturday evening between the rain drops. I had 3 button bucks walk under my stand. They are starting to become very tempting, lol. Lately it seems like it's all I've been seeing. Hurricane is going to have a bad impact on the early part of my vacation. It looks like torrential rains with 30-50 mph winds the next 4 days. I probably won't be doing much if any hunting then.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:44 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Well this weekend was a big fat dissapointment! Sat morn was my best hunt, that consisted of 2 yearlings screwin around in front of me for a while and 3 big does that once again, no matter the wind direction always find their way dead downwind of me. That was it! Sat in a different spot at the other farm the last two nites and blanked out both times. This has been the worste bowseason i've had in a long time. Might make it out thursday nite and building a rifle blind next week end but should still make it out in the evenings at least as long as the weather is ok. Good luck guys.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted all weekend in the rain....my papa took his second doe of the season with his xbow. I passed everything waiting on a buck and got shutout. Went back to work today and going to work until Thursday when the weather clears out and hopefully will get something on the ground from thursday-sunday.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't been out since Saturday evening. I am on my vacation now and once this beyotch Hurricane Sandy clears out I will be pounding the woods. Looks like I will be getting back out either Thursday morning/evening or both.

Last edited by ManofTheFall; 10-30-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:54 AM
j76
Typical Buck

This team is pretty quiet! Hows everyone doing? Weather finally settling back down here. A good cold weekend coming. I haven't seen any signs of the rut yet but maybe now i will. Should be able to get out tonite and sat and sun nite.
We need some points guys!!! Go get em!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm looking to get out this afternoon but it looks like one more big patch of rain is coming through. If I don't get out this evening I will definitely be getting out Friday.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a good evening sit last night and almost got it done. it never got above 34 deg here Yesterday. I just got up in my climber and i heard a fant grunt to my NW about 5 min later he materializes out of the brush about a 120" 8 comes by at about 40yrds but i had no shot. As he was walking away i hit the grunt call a couple times that turned him but he then circled downwind of me stoped i had one little opening to squeeze an arrow thru but he was a good 30yrds and he was on high alet, i passed he then turned and walked out of site i think he winded me a little. After that i tried a little rattling to bring him back but no go. i then had 5 big does walk under my stand shortly after heading in the direction the buck left. I think i know this bucks bed room and i was not farm from it tonight but i aslo need to make a move also, west about 50yrds and i should be able to put a sqeeze on him, where this pond funnels them through. Maybe this weekend! bucks are really moving around here Lots of people seeing them in the middle of the day. Good luck guys!!

Last edited by finner; 11-01-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Bartender

I'm heading out in about 45 minutes here in Wisconsin.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:22 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Another stikeout for me. Don't think i seen so much as a tweety bird tonite! Was windy and got worse the later it got. Ready to get back in my tree stand on the edge of the cornfeild but the wind direction is all wrong and don't look like its gonna change for a few days. I can't beleive how the deer have just quit coming to this farm i hunted tonite. I used to always see deer there. Oh well i guess just have to keep at it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.