Community

Team #9 The Backstrap Aassassins

Old 10-18-2012, 01:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Christine!!!!! More points for the team!!!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got the stand moved on the 17th. This is the stand where I have been seeing the 180" giant. I have seen him three times so far but have always been anywhere from 20-40 yards too far. I am going to put out some corn and sugar beets on Friday and hit that stand Monday evening. I can't wait. I will be hunting another stand on that same property this evening (18th). I am going to try and take out a doe if any comes close enough.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Goodluck.....its storming here so I won't be out till tomorrow evening.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:01 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Congrats on the nice doe Christine!
Weather let up for me to get out tuesday nite, seen a few does way off and had a spiker come fairly close. Dads comin back up Friday and we will be out Fri nite and sat morn and eve and i'll be out again sunday nite. Of course, chance of rain friday and saturday so we'll see what happens.
My one stand is right by the prop line, The deer like to cross and go into the corn. I have 3 or 4 good runs that cross the fence and come in close to my stand and then there's another about 60 yards out from me. Almost all the deer i've had cross in the few times i've sat there take that far run thats out of range. No trees to get in closer to it so was wondering what would happen if i took some limbs and brush and blocked that run at the fence. What do you guys think they would do? Would they just cross by it and get back on that run or would they maybe move to the next run putting them closer to me?
Good luck this weekend guys!
Old 10-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

It could bring them closer or move them farther away. Is there any way to get a ground blind closer to that spot?
Old 10-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out this evening, the 18th and didn't see a thing. I had 2 others buddies hunting on the same property and they didn't see any either. Must be that October lull. Depending on the weather, I will either be out again Saturday morning or evening or both.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:00 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
It could bring them closer or move them farther away. Is there any way to get a ground blind closer to that spot?

Cant do a groundblind, grass too high wouldn't be able to see.

Sat in the same spot tonite, gambled on the weather, left the house in a thunderstorm bankin on it quitten. It did after a long sit in the truck and a short sit in the stand, think it was pushin 6 p.m. befor we finally got situated. But was worth it. Deer moved bigtime. Pry my most action packed hunt yet, but no shootin, still a good time tho. Had a button buck in range and and some close does on the wrong side of me plus the spiker from the other nite. Was fun at least. Gotta a good feeling about the rest of the weekend. Between me and dad i think someones gonna have blood on their hands by sunday!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was out this morning and tried some rattling and grunting for the first time this season. I didn't see any deer at all. I did see some turkeys on my way out and almost shot one of them, lol. Driving in I saw a 2 1/2 year old 8 point. My next time out won't be until Monday evening. Good luck to all.

Last edited by ManofTheFall; 10-20-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I missed a good day today, but I stayed in with my 5 month old son and watched football. Moving some stands tomorrow and preparing for the pre-rut to start.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:31 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Sounds like ya still had a pretty good day Ken!
After all the movement Fri. nite i thought Saturday would be great! Woke up at 5 am to rain!!!!! We decided to stay dry and drink coffee. Was way fired up for Sat. nite and was a big let down! Deer didn't move at all till i was about ready to get out of the stand. Seen 5 or 6 but was too dark to shoot and they never came close enough anyways. These deer are kickin my butt this year! I'll give it another try tonite. Hopefully things turn around for me when the rut starts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.