Community

Team #9 The Backstrap Aassassins

Old 10-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I havent hunted since monday just havent been feeling like going after working and its been way too warm anyway. Big cold front comming in tonight were supposed to get snow here in the next couple days so hunting should be good this weekend with highs in the low 40's. Wish i could hunt this eve before the front hits but i got other obligations. I wont be getting out anymore till this weekend and ill be hunting both morn & eve. Good luck fellas!!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:00 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Got the day off today. Couldn't get out this morn but took a drive right after daybreak. Seen a really good buck right in the front yard of one of my farms. It's cold and gonna get colder! Dad should be here around noon and we will be hunting tonite, Sat. morn and eve, and i'll be out Sun. nite too. I'm afraid its gonna be a bit windy, but hopefully the cold will have them on the move! Lets get em guys!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thursday evening I saw quite q few deer. Two of them were bucks. One was a real weird racked buck but a younger one. The other one was a no doubter as soon as I saw him. I think this was the buck the farmer has been telling me about. Very high and wide. It was kind of weird though cause both of these bucks were with a group of 8-10 does. They began to make their way up towards me when suddenly they all turned and bolted back down the hill. I'm guessing they saw something and it spooked them. I have no idea what it was. Even though I didn't get one I was definitely encouraged by what I saw. This morning was a bust. I didn't see a thing. I will be going back out Saturday evening. That cold front will be coming in tonight with some rain so it should be a pretty good sit Saturday evening. Good luck guys, keep after them!!!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:59 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Well tonites hunt in the new spot absolutely sucked!!! Only sat in this stand a couple times in the past few yrs and always figured it was so uncomfortable because of the tree i had it in, turns out its just the stand cause it was a miserable sit. not only is it uncomfortable, its noisy to boot. Was real windy tonite. Had 5 does coming in behind me, then they veered off befor crossing onto my property and ended up about 75 yrds down from me when they hit the creek bottom, which put them dead downwind of me. I think you can figure out how that ended!! Then when i was getting down i dropped my binos and busted em! Not sure what i'm gonna do with that stand, i think its still in a real good spot. I have another on the prop i'm not using so may have to change it out. Farmers is supposed to pick the corn at the end of the month so it could still be a hot spot once that happens. Think i'll see what happens at the other farm in the mornin.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:10 AM
Bartender

Team I made a boneheaded mistake last night and it cost me a nice big doe that I shot under.
Yesterday while doing some farm work I took out the bow and shot 25 yards. First shot was low so I move my single pin
so the shot would be on and the next shots were right on. Well I get up into the tree and I'm sitting their and I look at my
site and decide to move my pin to the old marker from early september that I had been using. For some dang reason I got to thinking that was still my 20 yard pin. (sh0ot was about 26 yards) I had some issues and had to adjust that 20 yard marker and now it was 10 yards. Well it cost me big time! I will be taking that tape off later today.
It was a good hunt yesterday afternoon I had another big doe earlier at 15 yards but one stinking little branch was in
the way. She was nervous with a fawn because she caught my slight movement when I first seen them
I will be out monday as today my brother is out with his daughter for the youth hunt. I will be out with my son
cole tomorrow back home for the youth hunt.

Good luck boys,
T
Old 10-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

hey fishinty you need to check in on the gun hunting contest we are both on team 9 thanks
Old 10-06-2012, 06:33 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Sorry about the luck Peak! If i had a dollar for every bonehead mistake i made while hunting i'd be driving something a lot newer than a 98 pickup with 200 plus thousand miles on it!
Today was a HUGE dissapointment!! I got more deer in a 2 mile radius than in the neighboring 4 counties and i went morn and nite in the stand without seeing a single deer! The wind sucked!! It killed me. Soon as my feet hit the ground out a the tree tonite it shut off like a switch! Typical!! Had to drive a quarter mile down the road to get dad and in almost total darkness bet i seen 50 deer. Sunday should be calm but out of 4 spots to sit its not a good wind for any of em so not sure yet where to go but sure i'll see somethin tomorrow nite.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday evening I had one lone buck walk past my stand about 8 yards away. He was a 90"-100" 8 point. The thing that was really cool about him is he has a double throat patch. He is the first live buck I have ever seen with a double patch on his throat. I'm hoping he makes it a couple more years cause he will make a nice looking mount!!!!! Good luck guys, keep after them!!!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Conditions are looking great Monday evening for My favorite buck killing stand!!!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:49 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Good luck Manofthefall!
Well things were a little bit more eventful this evening. Seen 8 does. Had a good one within range for about 15 min. But just couldn't make it happen. When she offered a shot couldn't draw on her. But felt good to get the juices flowing and have one in range. Gonna shoot for Tues nite after work.
Good luck guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.