Community

GR8 VIII's Official Team Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats, Brent. It takes a lot of patience and fortitude to wait it out like that. We r proud of you!
Old 10-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 10-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

I drove home tonight so I could skin my deer and decided to check my trail cameras while I was here. Got a lot of small bucks on the cam and then this one showed up.

<script src='http://imageshack.us/shareable/?i=icam0007.jpg&s=441' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Last edited by Brent B; 10-15-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

Well done Brent!

I blew an opportunity on an "EAB" doe when I threw in the towel early this evening and dropped my bow to the ground just before she showed up. A 4 ptr pushed her into a 20yd shooting lane, and there was no way for me to retrieve my bow . Oh well...

Lots of deer are showing up on the cams, here is a buck with several stickers (evident in another pic) from this morning, at least a 12'er...

-fsh

Old 10-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice work Brent! Didn't see anything tonight until I was walking out. Then I caught some glimpses of tails running away.

Heres the guy I'm after. Hopefully get to see him in the light!!
Old 10-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

dang nice bucks guys.

i plugged another doe tonight. drilled her, watched her fall in sight. love when that happens. i didn't have high hopes for the hunt because a 6 pointer walked up on me while checking a trail camera. he must have snorted 30 times.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, what a night! I blew a golden opportunity at the biggest buck I’ve ever had in bow range. Beautiful 10 point came out about 10 mins before end of legal shooting. He was 10 yards directly behind me when I saw him and he was heading right to me. I had already dropped my bow holder to the ground, I was going to get down early since I had a really long drive home and was super tired. The buck ended up directly under my tree smelling the bow holder and working a licking branch DIRECTLY under my stand. Finally he started walking down the trail. When I drew the top part of my new lonewolf climber (which is going back to cabelas tonight) fell about 2 inches and made a huge noise. I managed to stop the buck at 30 yards. I shot (very doable show, slightly quartering away!) but somehow only got a tiny amount of fat and fur on one blade. Judging by the lighted knock I thought I drilled him. He almost fell over right after the shot. Here I texted my wife and told her I drilled the biggest buck of my life. Not so! Apparently, he tripped on some grass????? I’m just disgusted!!!

I’m very encouraged about that spot though. There were 40 mpg gusts last night. on the way in to the woods i walked within 20 yards of a basket 7 point that happened to be standing under the tree i was going to setup in. could have shot him easily (took video too). Also passed on a fork and a doe before the big one came out. anyway, as disgusted as I am, I’m excited to spend sat-mon out there this coming weekend.

Hope you all had better luck than me this weekend.

Last edited by RackLuster; 10-17-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ohh man rack, that sucks!!! But the experience must have still been awesome. Keep at him, he'll show back up!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Too bad Rack, good luck to you.

I finally got a doe tonight in the EAB area of the Navy Base - there are a few nice bucks that I'll be looking for now. Lousy pic, I had accidently zoomed in with the remote while trying to see if it was working, oh well...

-fsh

Old 10-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job fsh!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.