Community

Team 9 "Roosted & Roasted"

Old 03-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got him at 4:05 coming into a food plot. No big story with this one, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spurs.....these pictures aren't great because of that stupid metal piece at the end of the tape. I guess they'll give me whatever they can on them. The right one was just over an inch, the left one was right at an inch.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...trut56/078.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...trut56/076.jpg
Old 03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Spike

Thumbs up

Way to go SouthernStrut-another one for the good guys.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Hey, keep those points rolling in! Good bird, SS. I can't wait for the 16th! I can only organize my vest so many more times before it wears out haha.

Welcome to the new teammates as well. We wanna see some Toms floppin' on the ground!

rw
Old 03-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Killed my second of the season this morning. Went to one spot first thing this morning and heard two birds gobble way off. But they were not in a good place to try and get on. Ran to a place we call the Middle Field next. Walked out by the pond and yelped with a high pitch box call. A bird gobbled on the ground waaaay back at the timberline on the back side of the place. Grabbed my stuff and went after him. I got to the back timber line and hit the box call again. He gobbled not 150 yards away to my right down the tree line. Set up on him in some select cut pines and started to call with the Woodhaven slate. He would gobble but stayed in the same spot. Finally he went silent. Wouldn't answer my calls. Didn't gobble at crows passing over head like he had been. I thought he was gone. After 30 minutes of nothing I ran one more string of calls on the slate. Nothing. I put my slate in my pocket and was gathering up my stuff when I heard "Pit Tooooommm" I got my gun back up on my knee and started looking. The underbrush only allowed me to see about 45 yards. I heard one more "Pit Tooooommm" and then I saw him coming. He had gotten around a little to my right but still in front of me. I put the Speed Bead dot on a gap he was heading for and thumped him at 35 yards. 17lbs 6oz, 10 1/4 inch beard and 1 inch spurs. Camera date is a day behind. Plate is right. LOL!

Old 03-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

You're making us jealous Todd! That's a good looking bird. Congrats to you on your bird and being patient. That may be the hardest part of turkey hunting for me... waiting on a bird that you think has turned tail.

rw
Old 03-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

That a boy Todd, nice bird and a good hunt sounds like. A struttin bird drumming at close range will get that heart pumping just as much as a gobble will, I love that sound. Keep puttin em down man. Looks like the weather here is about to turn great and stay that way for a while I hope, with mid to upper 70's through the week and clear bright skies. If those dogwoods will go ahead and bloom on out, it'll get good here before too long.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Spike

Way to go Todd. You are putting the hurt on them birds. Cannot
wait-another 3 weeks for me.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry that I haven't been on this weekend. Had to go down home and start locating birds. Looks like you guys have been laying em down!!!! Congrats Todd and Southern! Great looking birds and I will get these scores turned in here in a few minutes.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great birds guys! I cant wait to get out there. and also, welcome to the new teammates!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.