Community

Team 8 Kee Kee Krew

Old 05-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

AWESOME MOOSE!!

That will easily put us into 1st place!!

Let us know on the pics!!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Spike

Way to go bullmoose congrats on your bird I can't wait to see the pic's. Our season is over here in Ky. I wish we could take more than 2. I have been tagged out for a few days. But I took my daughter saturday and we seen 3 on our way out of the woods. The Toms here have lock jaw. They just weren't talking. Looks like we may be on top once more. I hope we stay there.

Mark
Old 05-11-2010, 03:14 AM
Fork Horn

Alright guys and girls i am leaving this afternoon for WI have four tags in my pocket and still plenty of surplus tags available so if the hunting is good I will just keep stacking them up we have around 3000 acers available to hunt over there and i just finished the prototype to a new decoy i developed so I am going to try it out and see how it does.
Probably wont be back on here till sunday night but I will update if and when I can.
Goood luck to anyone else still hunting.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck!!
Old 05-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Spike

Hey Guys!!! I killed my first turkey!!! Sunday morning - last day of the season @ 7:45 a.m. There is a funny story to this - so bare with me... My wife and I were sitting in the blind, we had done a few soft yelps just after they flew down from the roost. My wife decided she was going to go check out the fields, since it was cool and we knew they would be in the sun trying to get warm. I decided to stay in the blind, just in case anything happened to stroll by. About 5-10 minutes after my wife left the blind, I heard a gobble from behind me. I stayed in the blind about an hour and 1/2 - hadn't seen or heard anything and I was getting cold - so I decided to step out of the blind and stand on a ridge along side of the field. The sun was shining and I wanted to warm up a bit. I pulled up my face mask and decided to smoke a cigarette. After standing there a few minutes... I see a turkey 10 yds from me... I see red, white... OH CHIT, he has a beard! I leaned back behind a tree, raised my 12 ga and blasted him. Much to my amazement, he was a big one! 20 lbs, 1 3/8" spurs and a 12" beard! I had to yell out a celebratory WOO HOO! I see my wife run over the other ridge to the north of me and she was WOO HOO'ing with me. Ok - now for the funny part. My wife had been stalking him the entire time she was out there... for an hour and 1/2! He was in the field gobbling and she was following him on the ridge - he was only about 20 yds from her getting a shot and she stalked him that entire time... I step out along side of the field for 5 minutes, smoke a cigarette and killed her bird. She gave me a good cussing when she saw the size of his spurs and his beard. LOL I took him to the taxidermist on Monday. I'm amazed at how awesome he was for my first turkey ever killed. In a way, he is kind of like both mine and my wife's turkey - she worked him for an hour and 1/2 and I just happened to be at the right place at the exact right time! Ok - here's the pics!

Thanks guys! Charlie - you should be able to get him scored and get us some more points on the board!!!

Shane

Last edited by deer_tracks; 05-11-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:16 AM
Spike

Way to go deer tracks that's a nice bird. Congratulations on you first kill. It will help keep us in the running
Old 05-12-2010, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

AWESOME!!

20 + 13.75 + 13.75 + 24 = 71.5!!

That will REALLY help!!

Later,

Marcial
Old 05-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Spike

Thanks for the congrats. I really owe this bird to my wife. For 7 yrs she's been trying to get me to go. Between yard, garden and fishing and work there's just not enough time. But this year she decides to pick up hunting and turkeys in specific. So we both decided to give it a try. Even though I killed my first turkey and season closed without her scoring, I think the high point of the whole season was getting the opportunity for me and my wife to do something together as a team, that we both are now hooked on. I'm looking forward to many season coming up where we can both do something together, that to me is just if not better than killing a bird!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job DT! Great job indeed. That is a really good first turkey.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just got all of the stickers in the mail

JoeA
Calico94
Gunn
bullmoose38

Can you 4 please send me you mailing address through a PM, and I will be mailing them off here in the next couple of days to everyone.

Thanks,

Marcial

deer tracks - that is cool she had to twist your arm, lol. Neat you two will be able to enjoy something together!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.