Community

Team 7 Spur Collectors

Old 03-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the team.

Oh I forgot to mention in my post above.. I also saw a tom on my shed hunt. It was a nice sized one. I was walking in a thick patch of trees and about 10 yards from me jumps up this tom. He wasn't too scared because he just walked off. I tried getting a picture but it was too thick in there.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

Headed out in the morning. The Jeep is packed and I am stoked. I'll keep you guys informed.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:39 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck , Jack. I'm headed to Ga. but have to make a few stops along the way. I will definitely be there for the opener on Sat. Hopefully one of us will put us on the board. I wish your call would have made it there. Oh well, next hunt.

Dan
Old 03-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

32 more days till I get out there... Its gonna be a looooooong 32 days.

Dan, do you have an estimate on when the calls should arrive?
Old 03-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

Andrew, It's kind of weird how the PO does things. Some of the calls came back to me because the plastic case created an irregular package and they wanted more postage. The irregularity makes them a parcel package. Yet, some of the calls that were packaged the same exact way went through. I know you will have it by next Wed. at the latest.

Dan
Old 03-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mfd1027
Andrew, It's kind of weird how the PO does things. Some of the calls came back to me because the plastic case created an irregular package and they wanted more postage. The irregularity makes them a parcel package. Yet, some of the calls that were packaged the same exact way went through. I know you will have it by next Wed. at the latest.

Dan
Oh thats fine Dan. Im in no hurry since turkey season isn't for another month!
Old 03-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan I still have the one you sent my last year, can't wait to try it again this year, only 31 more days to go...Hell thats a whole month...
Old 03-19-2010, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

Mark. PM me your address again. You need a new call!! No need to save em yr. to yr. lol

Dan
Old 03-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

Whats up team. I am going crazy with the wait. Walking around the house in full camo turkey calling and driving wife crazy. My 4 year old girl tells me I'm silly, my wife rolls her eyes and tells me I'm obsessed, (i dont argue) But my 1 year old son follows me grinning ear to ear and laughs every time I gobble at him. 2 weeks to wait then game on.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

We're on the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the stats.

Wt.-19 lb 13 oz
R- 3/4"
L- 7/8"
B- 9 5/8"
---------------------
Score - 54.629

We'll do a lot better but he's a start!!

Here's the story:

What a morning!! I started owling at around 6:50 without any response until a crow fired up at 7:06 and finally a gobble.
This one was off the property but he started a chorus. lol I had 2 birds within 150 yds. so I eased into the open pines they were roosted in and set up. This is wide open pines and I always try to find a tree that has a few bushes around it to hide in a little. I had to make a little noise clipping some stuff and pulling some dead stuff out of the way so I was holding my breathe I hadn't blown it. Man, was I happy when I got cut off on my first tree yelps. I just sat there quiet until they flew down and felt pretty good about the situation with one behind me about 100 yds. and one out front about 150 yds. I did a little flydown followed by some excited yelping and both of em fired up. I was afraid to swing around the tree to wait for the one coming from behind so I just eased my gun up and faced away from him. It wasn't 2 min. after I had done my yelping when he gobbled not more than 30 yds. behind me. It scared the crap out of me and there was nothing I could do. I froze. I could hear him walking in the pine straw as he approached. At 5 yds!! I heard pft-vroooooom! Not much I could do but look for the other bird out in front and pray this one would walk past me. He didn't. He strutted around behind me for about 5 min. and then eased off. He wasn't spooked he just walked back the way he came. I had been quiet for about 10 min. now so I yelped a few times softly - nada!! I usually take this as a good sign and had a feeling he was easing his way toward me so I scratched the leaves a little and clucked a few times. Geooobbbbbbbblllleeee!!!! rt. in front of me at about 60 yds. He just stood there frozen with the ol periscope looking both ways. I just waited. This went on for about 2-3 min. and then he started easing toward me with that half strut walk they do. I ****ed the hammer on my Encore and squeezed the cheek piece tight against my face as I lined things up. 60-55-50 and he's still coming. 50--45-40 and he stops and sticks his head straight up- big mistake!! Booooooom!!! He went to flopping!! I jumped up and opened the bbl. to stick in another Hevi 13 #7 as I walked toward him. Man was I happy!! I put my boot on his head as he finished up his death flop and thanked God to be able to do what I do!! What a day!! BTW- No decoys- only mouthcalls.

Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.