Community

Team 7 Spur Collectors

Old 04-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

Andy- Run fast!! and then Shoot straight!! lol Hope you hammer one.

Dan
Old 04-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mfd1027
Yep, we're gonna need some help.

Mark. If you and I had had any luck at all last yr. we would have won. We came in second with ol Bubba Gump too.

OK you guys put the smackdown on a couple this wk. end and let's keep it going.

Dan
Dan, I know what you mean, I hunted the same spot last year and had no luck, this year was just meant to be...
Old 04-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

last night we went out to our land to check the fields out before we plant. our fields still are a little wet so hopefully they dry out soon. we need to get our crops in. but as we were leaving the last field a group of turkeys came out of the woods and one of the toms had a beard that was dragging on the ground!! i mean dragging!!!! it has to be about a foot or more inches long. hopefully he sticks around for 2 more weeks so i can put a tag around his leg.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA
A turkey is going to die this weekend! Whether its with a bow...gun...or truck, one is going to die.
4th season opened up either yesterday or today... (not sure), but my brother will be going out with his gun to try and get one on our property behind our cabin, and then ill be going out at my honey hole and hopefully I get one. I have a track meet friday so i wont be able to go friday night but ill be out up and early saturday morning. I think we are suppose to have good weather this weekend so I should be having some luck.
Hope you get one this weekend man. I'm pretty sure I'll be out saturday morning. Not gonna have a lot of time to hunt and if I cant get out, I'm sure I will have more time later in the season. I've filled 7 4th season tags in a row, so hopefully the streak doesn't end this year. Anyways, good luck to everyone still hunting.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck this weekend pope. go knock a monster thunderchicken over!!!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Guys... today was the last day of Alabama season and I scored...not a big bird, but a mature gobbler. Story to come. 17 lbs., 9.5 inch beard, 7/8" and 15/16" spurs.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default last day turkey

Team 7 Spur Collectors-turkey.jpg

Team 7 Spur Collectors-turkey2.jpg

Here is today's and my only bird of the season
Old 04-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

Arjuna, That is awesome!!!!! WTG!! I was afraid you were done for the season. That son of a gun about wore his wingtips off didn't he? He's rutted down! lol

Good luck to everybody out this wk. end. Bust some heads!!!!!

Dan

Last edited by mfd1027; 04-30-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice bird and congrats. way to get one on the board
Old 05-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got 3 days left in my season, and tomorrow I'm headed out for this big tom that has so far eluded me, and at least 4 other hunters. I've been patterning him, and if he goes where I hope he goes tomorrow, I might just get lucky. This is an old tom, he has at least 6 hens with him every morning, and does not come to decoys, or answer to calls. My plan is to set up on a corner of the pasture where I've been watching him leave the pasture. That end of the pasture is surrounded by oaks. I'm setting up with No dekes, no calling, and just wait, and pray he comes my way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.