Community

Team 5 Thundering Toms

Old 03-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry i haven't been around. Love the name and the avatar, nice work. My season in IL starts April 12, less than 2 weeks to go!I'll try to post a pic of last years bird, 24lb 14 oz, 11 1/4" beard 1 1/4" spurs
Attached Thumbnails Team 5 Thundering Toms-th_dscf1826.jpg  
Old 03-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

nice. oh yeah np id probably stick to inside 30 but if you want to et another choke go for it look at the hs chokes i really like them ive never had a problem with mine
Old 03-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by npaden
So is this a 40 yard gun?

It is an 8 1/2" plate. I didn't have a backdrop so not sure how the rest of the pattern went. Shot the 25 yard first and that smoked, then did the 2 at 40 and those look a little iffy to me, probably pushing it a little.

What do you guys think?

Thanks, Nathan

I'd say 25 yards or closer.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

I use christmas / birthday wrap for my back drop for shot patterns.
apr 1st is comming quick have seen a few birds on the land i hunt so exited .
Its almost time to unleash some thunder on the toms!!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well out bow/youth season started today. I didnt go but I went out to a couple of my spots and it is looking pretty promising. I am going to make some phone calls and get a trail cam up and try and get there pattern penned down. Come the 15th hopefully I can seal the deal on one of them. I didnt get a good look at the toms since I got pulled over by a sheriff trying to look at them(driving too slow and looked suspicious). But from what I saw they were pretty nice.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

What about these last few patterns with a couple new chokes?

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turk...g-835-a-2.html
Old 04-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

guys. i have some bad news. im not going to get out this year. but i may have a chance at the late season (may 5-16). but i am going to try and play with the birds when i go to my aunts this week because her property is too far to hunt so i wont mess anything up but i am really sorry i hope to be back soon. ill let you know.

Good Luck Fellas

Storm
Old 04-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Well all i had a realy exciting day out hunting tonight no score yet but was fun and a learning exp.
It was about 2 pm when i got out to a spot along some powerlines on private land .And i hit the box call and herd a tom in the distance.I walked to the edge of the property and called again he was closer so i set up and hunkered down .about 3 i see the tom walking down the ridge twards me , called him to about 100 yrds where he hangs up on me.I yelp he gobbles, i cluck he gobbles .........now this is where it gets exciting....i feel something on my leg and just look at my legs and what do i see...................A Rattler on my leg!!!!!!!!!!!
so i sit still not breathing as the snake slithers across me .... it gets across bolth legs and gets a few feet away!! So i breath and move a smidge in relief ....he coils and hissesssss and i decided that i didnt want to get bit so i shot him with a load of #5 shot at 4-5 feet not a pretty sight for him ....Sorry no picts as i left him out there ...
but of coarse the tom flew off at the shot so no bird tonight.mabie tommarow will be better day out lets get thundering toms on the board gl all be SAFE..
mud
Old 04-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Spike

Mudchicken, now that's an exciting hunt!!
Spiders make me run.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Storm, just crack down on the school work and then get out there and bust one in the late season, i find that it gets better later on anyway.

Mud, I'm pretty sure that if a rattler was going across my leg i would not have been able to sit still long enough for him to get off it before I shot him.

Well i'm headed to Neb. for merriams on the opener the 17th and then will be in Mo. the next weekend. I was going to hunt the 2nd season here but will hunt the first season the 12th instead so that i can be in Neb. for the opener on the 17th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.