HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 5 Thundering Toms
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 07:02 PM
mudchicken1012
Fork Horn

Well all i had a realy exciting day out hunting tonight no score yet but was fun and a learning exp.
It was about 2 pm when i got out to a spot along some powerlines on private land .And i hit the box call and herd a tom in the distance.I walked to the edge of the property and called again he was closer so i set up and hunkered down .about 3 i see the tom walking down the ridge twards me , called him to about 100 yrds where he hangs up on me.I yelp he gobbles, i cluck he gobbles .........now this is where it gets exciting....i feel something on my leg and just look at my legs and what do i see...................A Rattler on my leg!!!!!!!!!!!
so i sit still not breathing as the snake slithers across me .... it gets across bolth legs and gets a few feet away!! So i breath and move a smidge in relief ....he coils and hissesssss and i decided that i didnt want to get bit so i shot him with a load of #5 shot at 4-5 feet not a pretty sight for him ....Sorry no picts as i left him out there ...
but of coarse the tom flew off at the shot so no bird tonight.mabie tommarow will be better day out lets get thundering toms on the board gl all be SAFE..
mud