Community

Team 2 Tominators

Old 03-19-2010, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard bigbuckspa.....With the current snow storm going on here right now, kinda makes me want to go back out calling coyotes some more, and put turkeys on the back burner.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a pic. from last spring back on my farm in KS. I had just shot my 2nd bird, he's just out of the pic. to the right and he knocked over the one decoy while flopping around after I hit him with the bullhead, but as you can see, there's a few turkeys back there.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW,..... Howler, that about an entire seasons worth of Gobbler sightings here in Illinois!!! Man, I swear I should move to KS!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:16 AM
car
Typical Buck

Oh no. My wife heard a tom shock gobble this morning when I slam the trunk lid. Now I have to wait until April 19th to take him out.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the winning team bigbuckspa!!! Happy to have you on-board!!!

Nice pic Howler - WOW - hard to swallow the jealousy here!!! DANG!!!

Car - exactly a month away!!! Indiana's season opens 5 days after yours... Can't wait!!!!

Kim
Old 03-19-2010, 06:25 PM
car
Typical Buck

Had a little fun tonight. After I got home I could see a few turkeys moving back in my woods. I was watching them with my bino and I could see this real tall tom coming out of the wood. He looked like he was twice as big as the 9 hens that I was watching. After the tom cleared the wood I started laughing. He must have had his beard break off. It looked like it was only 2". There was no way he was a jake. He looked like he would have 22 lbs or more. He stood twice as tall as the hens. Go figure lol

car
Old 03-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

They can have their beards "busted" off. A buddy of mine shot a tom about 3 years ago that had spurs nearly 2" long, but only had a beard that was 2 1/2" long. The beard had a lot of thickness to it, so we just guessed that it got busted off sometime or another. That bird had the longest spurs that I have ever seen. He had it mounted, course, I would've too.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Remember that they can also have "beard rot" and when a Tom is infected with this the beard ends will be yellowish colored on the ends where it was the most fragile and broke off. I've seen it on a numbe of mature Toms.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

When the kids got home from school yesterday we headed to the farm to let 'em make sure their Turkey cannon was still zero'd in and I also wanted to test some of the brand new Hevi-13 Magnum Blend loads, 3", 2oz, #5, 6, 7 .

All I can say is WOW!!! Talk about a turkey shreddin' round! I can't wait to see a Tom get attacked by a killer swarm of Magnum Blend ?!?

Here's a 40 yarder.... whats impressive is that it was fired by my 9 year old !!!

Old 03-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

DANG IL!!!! That turk is DEAD!!! haha LOL

Your 9 year old is gonna be a turkey slayer this year!!! LOVE IT!!! I bet he was excited!

Awesome!!!!!!

Kim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.