Community

Team 2 Tominators

Old 03-20-2010, 07:00 PM
car
Typical Buck

I was playing around with my hen call today. Called in...... 9 jakes and at the same time. I didn't see a long beard with them but, there could have been some never came out in the open.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by car
I was playing around with my hen call today. Called in...... 9 jakes and at the same time. I didn't see a long beard with them but, there could have been some never came out in the open.
Thats awesome. Did they gobble any at all?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

That blended shot really seems to deliver some very impressive patterns. Maybe when I run out of the 3" #5 and #6 loads I have, I'll try some. BUT, since I haven't had to break out the shotgun in the last 3 years, it may be awhile before I need more shotgun shells.
Seems like early season, the jakes run in packs. Get one of them to come, and the whole herd follows.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by car
Here in IL it's actually unlawful to use a turkey call from March 15 until opening day.... we can only use locator calls to shock gobble them but nothing to attract them.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Im down under 30 days before I'll be hunting Missouri. Im ready, gun ready, calls ready, decoys ready, truck ready and wife is ready for me to go...
Old 03-21-2010, 01:38 PM
car
Typical Buck

Did they gobble. On yeah, they gobbled their heads off. Their heads turned bright red and they all started toward me. I was about 170 yards away when I first called to them. After they started my way I quit calling. After all I do hunt in my woods some. But I didn't see any long beards

As far as calling. You can call anytime you want.

4 weeks to go!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:49 AM
Spike

sorry so late checking in. I will be hunting in ohio and pa. We was scouting last Thursday in Ohio and found 2 shads one small one and a big 7 pt, with double G3s.I will try and down load the picks of them. and thanks for having me. good luck team
Old 03-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Arrowmaster
Im down under 30 days before I'll be hunting Missouri. Im ready, gun ready, calls ready, decoys ready, truck ready and wife is ready for me to go...
Thats real important that the wife is ready for you to go!!! Thats HUGE!!!! LOL!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 03-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

YES IT IS!!! LOL

Now I just need hubby to be ready for ME TO GO!!! hahaha

Kim
Old 03-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Im so ready to hunt its bad. I was at one of my spots tonight and used the crow call just before roost and I had one respond.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.