Community

Team 6 Team Limb Hangers

Old 05-09-2011, 05:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

I got a nice bird this morning!!.. So we can add another one for our team!!!

Well here is the story.. I went hunting to where I was last Saturday and had a tom gobbling but would only get farther and farther away. So I arrived there early this morning and set up my decoys. While following a few tips on a thread I posted I got him coming around. It took about an hour and a half for him to show himself. I kept messing with him until finaly he got within range. I tried to coach him in closer but no cigar. As he started to head away I got one more gobble out of him as he turned sideways. I halled up and fired and the rest is history.. Here is a pic of the tom I shot this morning.. ( Eastern )

He is 20.5lbs with a 8 1/2 in beard. His spurs Left is 1 in. while the right one is 7/8 in.

I just picked up my other permit and will give them a try in the morning..

I think my score would be..
Your score is 20.5 + 8.75 + 10 + 17 = 56.2

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-09-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

My second bird was not included in the updated scores. Can our team captain please add my upgraded bird to the score thread? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wvOHIOfan
My second bird was not included in the updated scores. Can our team captain please add my upgraded bird to the score thread? Thanks in advance.
Sorry wvOHIOfan,
The second post picture looks like the first, and I didn't notice the difference.
It's on the score thread now.
Congratulations, on a second tom.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

stickers been sent yet?
Old 05-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default here are my birds

Im all tagged out guys!!!! first bird was a jake 14.88 lbs 1/4 spurs and 4 1/2 inch beard score= 28.875 second bird was 19.08 lbs 9 1/4 inch beard and 1 inch spurs score= 57.5625 " />
Old 05-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Congratulations to every one that scored a Tom.
Good Job.
Good Luck to those that still have an open season.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jrbsr
Sorry wvOHIOfan,
The second post picture looks like the first, and I didn't notice the difference.
It's on the score thread now.
Congratulations, on a second tom.

No problem at all. Thank you for fixing it for me.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by RyanVT
stickers been sent yet?
Any answer for us on this question?

Also I blew it on another large tom this past Tuesday.. I had worked all night and went and tried my luck on the turkeys. I was able to get a large tom coming in for a little while and then he busted me. So I tried in a hurried state to get a shot off at him and over shot it while it was running down a grade threw brush. I saw him back in the same area yesterday morning but couldn't even think about getting a shot at him. I have saw what I am thinking is 2 other large toms within a short distance from that area.

Now one of the problems is they are not responding to any calling right now. Pressured or not they are not responding. A freind that has hunted turkeys for a while says it is because of our weather up here right now. He says the hens are not laying and that is keeping the toms back. I do not know but will keep trying them. I will try and find a call for purring to see if that will help..Any recommendations?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Great going guys. Phil, a personal congrats going out to you. Glad to see you get on a bird and bring him home. Hope he tasted as good as junior's.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

It tasted great! I had the wife bake it with some bacon wrapped on top to keep it from drying out, also added some spices. Thanks for the personal congrats as it was my first spring turkey for me. I am proud of it and have his tail feathers ready to use on my strutting tom decoy. It is supposed to be somewhat sunny here on Monday so if no luck in the morning. I will be trying the strutting tom on them Monday morning.. I still have until the end of may to try and get another one.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-28-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.