Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest
Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House" >

Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House"

2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House"

Old 10-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Afternoon hunt was a bust, saw nothing but a few squirrels. I'm going to hold off on a doe a little longer this year, usually I get them out of the way first week of the season. Lots of winds this weekend and too warm.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good guys!! Keep us updated
Old 10-18-2010, 01:41 AM
Fork Horn

went out monday evening and tuesday morning and evening monday evening i had a 125 130 inch 8 point come trotting by and how the stand is setup you cant see anything until in gets in one of the two shooting lanes until the leaves drop but there was someone riding a 4 wheeler up and down the road and i think he scared the back so instead of it walking by me it was doing a fast jog and just went right past me at 20 yards and never came back to the corn or anything but it was cool seeing him he is one of the deer that is on my list. wasnt able to get out this friday or saturday had to do some stuff with the wife and i decided not to go out this afternoon because it was 83 deg out but i will be out wednesday evening and thursday morning and evening so hopefully i can maybe get one on the ground then
Old 10-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck "pearson". It's sounds like you're in the game. Hopefully you'll put us on the board later in the wk.

Man, i'm fired up about KY. next wk. Things should be happening. I'm gettin' sick of shootin' my target. lol

Dan
Old 10-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Can't let our team fall to page 2 so this is just a BTT
Old 10-21-2010, 01:15 AM
Fork Horn

well went out yesterday afternoon and all i seen was a couple of tree rats. woke up wide awake at 2am its 4am now i will be in the stand this morning there has been a nice 125 130 inch 8 point coming to the corn at this stand quite a bit so hopefully i will see him this morning its a perfect wind for the stand so we will see what happens. my finger is getting a little itchy i need to shoot something.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

I hope this dang hurricane forming in the Caribbean doesn't mess my trip to KY up. I'm supposed to be hunting next Tue, Wed and Th. and the early forecast models have it hitting somewhere along the west coast of Fl. at that time. If the track shifts further south toward us I will probably have to cancel. I've got my fingers, toe's, arm's, leg's and eye's crossed!!! It's still early in the forecast period so a lot can happen.

Dan
Old 10-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck mfd!!

Sorry I haven't been on much lately guys. been busy with school and work. Anyhow, I hope to be getting home sometime soon to get in the treestand. I haven't been able to scout or anything, so I'll be going in blind. It's good land though, and my dad took a 178 brute off of it last year, so I'm hoping for the best
Old 10-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default my first buck down

sorry i couldn't get any pictures besides these and this deer is about 120 inches smaller then i thought he was i told the story on the the forum but i learned a good lesson and i didnt even score him figured there wasn't any point in it so sorry that i kinda screwed you guys over.
Attached Thumbnails Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House"-bbd1.jpg   Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House"-bbd2.jpg   Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House"-bbd3.jpg  
Old 10-22-2010, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

congrats on the kill. But you never know and scores. What if we lost by 20 inches? Just a thought. But a bow kill is a bow kill. It is just as difficult to get a shot on that deer as it is with a monster. So congrats again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.