Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!

Old 10-14-2010, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, surprisingly I didn't see much last night -4 does total all within bow range though.

I'm headed down to VA tonight to hunt all day fri & sat. It works out great since the weather here at home is looking crappy. I'm very excited since I have a good chance of connecting on a nice deer (or bear!). I'll post updates of my hunts in the evenings. Good luck to all this weekend!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

Not much for me yesterday afternoon, a doe and fawn passed well out of range.

Good luck Ed!

-fsh
Old 10-15-2010, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I no more than got sat down last night, was just reaching down to pick up my bow to take the quiver off and nock an arrow when I see the light blinking on my phone. My buddy was set up in the next field about 100 yds away and had sent about 4 texts while I was getting set up, the last one being " they're coming into the NE corner of your field." I look up from my phone and there they are - 3 yealings directly to my left. I went about getting ready while watching them. They stayed in the corner of the field for about 20 min, with no idea that I was there. It's been quite awhile since I've sat on the ground with deer that close. Didn't see anything til darkness but was still enjoyable.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

The rains let up at 3 in the afternoon, and I headed out to a grove of oaks. I ran 7 deer out as I walked in . Set up anyway and only saw a spike pass thru.

Tracked a friend's doe this morning with Ruby - they had given up yesterday afternoon when the blood trail petered out. We found it after a difficult track - Ruby did well.

-fsh
Old 10-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys - made it back from VA last night, it was a good trip. No deer taken, but saw plenty. Had one decent 8 pt at about 80 yrds friday morning, I dont think I would have taken him, he was bout 15-16" wide... but still nice to see.

I probably wont get out again until Sat...
Old 10-20-2010, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Close call last night, had 2 does come in within 10 yds while hunting from the ground. A had about 3 rows of corn between and could not tell how big they were until they were in my lane. They were so close I could hear them chewing. My mistake for not drawing back while I had cover, just in case. I had the lead doe broadside @ 10 or less at full draw and the top pin on her hoof when she looked up. Just a second longer and I would have had her.

As of lunchtime today, I'm outta here til Monday. I'll be hunting today and probably tomorrow at the Managed Hunt area trying to get my extra 2 tags filled. After that it's off to my main hunting area for the rest of the week. Time to start logging some serious stand time!
Old 10-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Been there, done it wallhangr... If you always made the right decisions, it wouldn't be as much fun, lol.

-fsh

Last edited by fshafly2; 10-20-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

I picked up a nice doe this morning (5 1/2 yrs per jaw bone); ML season in MD, so blaze orange is required. I brought Ruby out to follow the blood trail for training purposes - Ruby locked on another deer that was in the group, but I corrected her and she zeroed in on the doe. Nice to get training like that for her when you know the circumstances.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like another successful track Andy! Congrats!

I was planning to get out this eve, but it looks like I'll be stuck at work. I'm thinking of just going out around 1030 tomorrow morning and sitting all day, this moon has been killer...
Old 10-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Went back down to Dorchester county to Hunt the marsh yesterday. Killed this stag at around 930. Had 3 on one side and a broke off beam that was about 4 inches long and went back over the skull. Hunted the whitetail woods out near federalsburg in the pm and passed two does. Headed out again tonight with the muzzleloader looking for antlers. Good luck everyone
Attached Thumbnails Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!-stag2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.