Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"

Old 10-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

hey guys. How are everyone's season going?
Old 10-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Will be busy the next two days and then will start hunting hard on Saturday. Oct 30 I head to Ohio to hunt for 10 days. So it should be a awesome opportunity at a great buck. I will keep everyone updated for sure.

How about everyone else?
Old 10-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im 0-2 guys.

Missed that doe a few weeks ago, and gut shot one last night. Couldnt find her today. I was 2-2 last year at this point.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta keep your head up Siman. Maybe do alittle practice shooting just to make sure everything in your form is correct and get back out there. Dwelling on a miss and bad shot can be disastorous going forward this season.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Okay guys, were on the board! I think my monster put us in 13th or 14th place lol. Is it just me or is does it seem like there are an exceptional number of giant bucks being entered this year?
Old 10-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been out in the mornings....temps around 70. Deer sightings 0! How about the rest of you guys?
Old 10-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was going to get my season officially started today since I finally got off work for the majority of the rest of this year but just too warm today. Got some rain tonight so I am going to be out in the am. Going to try and get out several times between now and Friday when I pull out for Ohio.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Spike

well guys im seeing planty of deer so far just nothing worth shooting with the exception of some does. dont get me wrong ill shoot a doe the next chance i get. also seeing a lot of activity as far as rubs and scrapes when i was out on thursday. ill be going out later on this week. the weather is supposed to calm down and start to really cool off by the weekend. i need to go out to move a stand tomorrow. i know that shoulda been done a while back but better to take the chance and do it now rather than get picked off the next 2 or 3 times i go in there. i guess we'll have to wait and see what happens... also still gettin plenty of good cam pics. still gettin the same 4 bucks moving thru the spot. guessing each of them to be close to 140 or better. it would be nice to get a crack at one of them before gun season comes in
Old 10-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a decent 8pt bothering some does tonight right at dark. They were as close as 50yrds then it got too dark. Overall it was a pretty good evening after it rained all morning into afternoon.

Going back out in the morning and then finishing up packing for Ohio tomorrow afternoon with the temps back up to 80. Wenesday on brings on cooler temps though and I pull out about 8am Friday for Ohio.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

Saw a couple bucks and a ton of does. As i was walking out of the woods i could smell a deer's tarsal glands and i grunted a few times. Than the buck snorted and wheezed. i thought i was gunna see something big but than the wind shifted on me and that was the end. haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.