2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"

Old 10-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

First couple is the new 8pt and the last one is the 9pt from earlier last night.
Attached Thumbnails TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"-8ptyard.jpg   TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"-8ptyard2.jpg   TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"-8ptyard3.jpg   TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"-9ptyardlastnight.jpg  
Old 10-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats bowhunter46....can't wait for the pics. Good luck on those guys Ken!
Old 10-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats! If we all score, then the contest is ours. Thats the key.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Here he is guys! He came in Thursday morning at 7:50 and gave me a perfect ten yard shot. He came in with a smaller eight point and neither of the deer ran off after the shot. The one that was hit wandered off about 30 yards and then began stumbling around. When he fell over, the smaller buck came up and tried to fight him. He was kicking the downed deer and aggresively thrashing trees in the immediate area. He even spent about ten minutes making two scrapes within 10 feet of the buck.
Anyway, he's not the 85+ inch deer I thought he was when I shot him, but he's still a good lookin buck and I'm thrilled to have him. I finally got around to rough scoring him and came up with about 76".
I went back out on Saturday without the bow and saw another buck tearing up a scrape. Things seem to be heating up in Western PA.
Good luck to everyone!
Attached Thumbnails TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"-019.jpg   TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"-020.jpg   TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"-021.jpg  
Old 10-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out these pics. The first is the "dagger 9" that I had velvet pics of in August. He finally showed up again and I got him on three differnt evenings just after shooting light at 7 something pm.

The next pic is a new wide and tall 9pt. These aren't from the yard, but from back on the hill on the persimmon flat. Holy smokes do I have bucks everywhere or what.
Attached Thumbnails TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"-dagger9pt.jpg   TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"-dagger9side.jpg   TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"-tall9onhill.jpg   TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"-tall9ptday.jpg   TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"-tall9vsdoe.jpg  

Old 10-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BowHunter46
Here he is guys! He came in Thursday morning at 7:50 and gave me a perfect ten yard shot. He came in with a smaller eight point and neither of the deer ran off after the shot. The one that was hit wandered off about 30 yards and then began stumbling around. When he fell over, the smaller buck came up and tried to fight him. He was kicking the downed deer and aggresively thrashing trees in the immediate area. He even spent about ten minutes making two scrapes within 10 feet of the buck.
Anyway, he's not the 85+ inch deer I thought he was when I shot him, but he's still a good lookin buck and I'm thrilled to have him. I finally got around to rough scoring him and came up with about 76".
I went back out on Saturday without the bow and saw another buck tearing up a scrape. Things seem to be heating up in Western PA.
Good luck to everyone!

Can you post your buck and score card in the scoreboard thread. I didn't know we was posting the full card so you will need to do that along with the pic of you the deer and bow that you posted in the thread.

And again, congrats.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Just checking in guys. I have been hunting in Illinois. I have passed on a few 125-135inch deer because I have several 150+ roaming around. Good luck to everyone
Old 10-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Updates from the team....WV season opens Saturday, its up in the air if I will be off work Saturday but I will be out Sunday for sure.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Season opened today, I had to work but my grandpa did take a doe. I will be going out in the morning with Monster in hand. Goodluck team.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys. Just wanted to update everyone one my archery season so far. So far i have taken one doe. (sorry no pics) And missed this nice buck. Seeing alot of buck sign lately tho and it seems like th rut is finally ramping up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.