Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"

Old 09-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Hey Hey Hey Blake got it done!!
Congrats on the doe my friend,gonna be nice to have some fresh backstaps huh!I didn't get out tonight as the weather turned bad in to a hard rain about 4:30, so I stayed home.
Rocky
Old 09-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Typical Buck

Blake,Congrats on the doe!

I want be on here much over the next couple of weeks but I'll be around & I'll be in the woods on Oct 1st!! Good luck to everyone lets get some big boys on the board!!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

thanks guys! i'll be taking this weekend off of deer hunting, but will be out shooting ducks for that opener!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:38 AM
Fork Horn

9 more days before i can hit the woods and pull a string. Going to hit a 3D shoot this weekend and sling a few arrows.
Good luck to those that are hunting already.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

Talking

I'll be out 1st thing in the am ,hoping to get an early season doe for my daughters freezer, maybe a moose will walk by ,then it's of to the river for an afternoon float for some late season fly fishing, Sure warmed up here in the last few days,back up to the mid 70's. Talk to you's tomorrow ,be safe out there to those that are hunting.
Rocky
Old 09-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Wow, Rocky...warmed up to the mid 70's....Another 95 degree day here today. Looks like its supposed to begin to cool down tomorrow though. I'm looking forward to the IL opener. Ready to go sit in a tree and slow down. Have a good weekend.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

Unhappy

Funny Guy Shawn
It actually warmed up to the mid 80's today and the afternoon was awesome spent floating the river here. The fall colours were splendid as they were on my sit this morning. 1st time in the stand I put up for my friend that can't erect a stand himself. Well neither of us have sat here since I put it up and the sign was incredible when I found it after the rut last year. The TC showed the deer were using the trail in the morning on there way to the bedding area. Trail cam said they were using it from 6:30 till 11:45 in the morning.
Got on stand at 5:45 am and it was like walking in broad daylight with the full moon shinning brightley. The winds were out of the west and thats what I needed. 7:20 brought the sound of the breeze picking up and a wind shift to the south, not a good sign,wasn't 5 minutes till I heard the sound of deer blowing and then silence. So that ended my hunt as all was silent for the rest of the morning,at least they didn't see me,so the stand should be productive on future hunts.
Get to change my SD card tomorrow to see if anything is chase able on that property. Had 3 150 bucks staying around most of the winter last year,but all have failed to make a showing this year. Be safe and God Bless folks.
Rocky
Old 09-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Only a day and a half till the IL opener. The Shawnee Natl Forrest is calling my name. Hope ya'll have a great weekend.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Lightbulb

Hey Shawn
How was opening day? I'll be out for an evening hunt today,where is everyone? Wondering how Blake is doing,he was supposed to post his doe he took last week. Good luck guys and keep at er! It's what I call the majic time to be on stand as all the bucks will start sparring to determine who's da Boss! When rattling this early remember there just determining dominance so just tickle the antlers.You'll be surprised on how they come in on a rope at this time of year . Good luck and God Bless.
Rocky
Old 10-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

Rocky! i don't have pictures of my doe or dad's doe.. we registered them and i'm in a CWD zone so they take the heads... we completely forgot to take pictures untill the heads were gone... and that wouldn't be a nice picture

anywho went ducking today and got 1, i'll probably go tonight also... good luck everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.